The Student Room Group

NCS

Did anybody leave NCS after the first week??? I’m currently on the first week and I’m considering not going back for the second week. Did anybody do this or was anyone in a group where someone did this?
one girl in my group has left becasue we did nothing in any of the ads and it was just so terrible
Original post by Anonymous
Did anybody leave NCS after the first week??? I’m currently on the first week and I’m considering not going back for the second week. Did anybody do this or was anyone in a group where someone did this?

I didn't do this, nope. But I can kinda see why you might want to, NCS wasn't what I thought it would be. The ads were so misleading lmao.

Why are you thinking of not continuing on to the second week?
Original post by tasminbrooks
one girl in my group has left becasue we did nothing in any of the ads and it was just so terrible

yeah, same here, my NCS experience felt pretty empty tbh...it was over hyped and was nothing like I'd hoped
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
yeah, same here, my NCS experience felt pretty empty tbh...it was over hyped and was nothing like I'd hoped

if im honest it was quite dissapointing
Original post by tasminbrooks
if im honest it was quite dissapointing

yeah, i feel you.

but listen, it'll be worth it in the long term. like honestly, im just gonna flash my NCS award all over my CV; it sure as heck better be useful
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
yeah, i feel you.

but listen, it'll be worth it in the long term. like honestly, im just gonna flash my NCS award all over my CV; it sure as heck better be useful

yeah plus we paid to do it so theres no point going home early

Someone did in mine just make up a family emergency or something. I did it last year and in the second week was put in a politics debate that nobody wanted to do. Also they promised us first aid training but only provided 2 dolls for the whole wave and got no certificates afterwards. Honestly the first weeks only worth it, I wasted my time doing the 2nd and 3rd weeks.
Reply 8
Everyone has just like connected but I haven’t plus I’m not close with anybody from my school who’s there and the people who are there I’m kind of third wheeling. I’m also homesick which I never get and I would just actually rather be at home. I’m quite quiet as well and everyone else is really loud and I’m also the only white person in my group and I’m not racist at all but like I feel kind of left out.
Reply 9
I feel like I’m going to leave after this first week, honestly I’d rather be at home.
i'm currently on phase 3 and 3 people have left. 1 homesick, 1 moved and 1 has a medical problem.

But NCS is fun - the first week i found bad at the beginning but then got better. We didn't do abseiling etc but we had fun doing raft building/walking/eating/kayaking and i met more people. Luckily i had my best friend there, and I'm so lucky that i made the decision to move tents to his becuase it made the experience a lot better - the people in my old tent were not my type.

Uni had boring moments but still, our team were like 'family' now and we were used to each other and had fun.

But doing the charity project atm is the most rewarding part possibly.

If i didn't go, i wouldn't meet all these people and i would simply waste my time front of a computer.
It’s honestly worth sticking it out, such a brilliant thing to add to your CV
I left after the first day. I'm one of the people they don't tell you about when advertising of course, like they tell you about people who didn't want to be there but ended up loving it at the end... I was so miserable there I regret signing up and so crying all day and night I begged to leave and managed to go. I think that if you have social anxiety you need to think about it a lot of you really want to go to ncs and be there, or take a friend with you. I went all by myself and don't get me wrong people were very nice and friendly but it wasn't in me to be there especially that I hate outdoorsy stuff too.
Everyone has just like connected but I haven’t plus I’m not close with anybody from my school who’s there and the people who are there I’m kind of third wheeling. I’m also homesick which I never get and I would just actually rather be at home. I’m quite quiet as well and everyone else is really loud and I’m also the only white person in my group and I’m not racist at all but like I feel kind of left out.

Carrying on, I am still anonymous #2 who left after the first day, it was exactly the same case for me and in my point of view, I think you should leave if you aren't enjoying it and feel like that. About CVs, it's not actually that useful, people I know who did it previously didn't even list it on their CV. I understand exactly how you are feeling, I am now so happy at home so I would definitely recommend dropping out of it, you are a lot braver and less pathetic than me as you can manage a week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending