The question of the number of genders continued

Watch
Billycatnorbert
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I believe that there is an infinite number of genders. Although bio-psychology has proven there to be 112 different genders.

P.S. plz search up the differences between:’sex,sexuality, sexual orientation and gender before posting on this thread

P.P.S.
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
I consider people as being XY, XX, or some other combination of chromosomes personally, so whatever the number of combinations known to science is is how many genders I consider there to be. I don't see the value in the notion of a gender being something someone thinks they are, when the nature of that something is inherently going to be different by varying degrees to every person. Not when the way of looking at gender that I mentioned exists. I'm sure there is a single word thats definition is the very idea I tried communicating two sentences ago that is eluding me, but hopefully what I said could still be understood.
XX and XY are for sex not gender. They control the biological differences between the two sexes. E.g. levels of of specific hormones; physical structure of body (reproductive, development organs; etc) whereas gender is all mental. There are two sexes and 112 genders. If you can find 112 different possible structures using only X and Y chromosomes, in that case you can be remembered as the greatest bio-chemist, physicist and mathematician in history. But I don’t think you will get very far.

P.S. I’m a nerd who’s 1.2 and 16 years old. I feel your awkward shortness bro👌🏾
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Although bio-psychology has proven there to be 112 different genders.
Evidence?

Gender is just some made up idea now used to mean personality, used by the immoral left to further the destruction of normality and society
Billycatnorbert
Rep:
?
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Although bio-psychology has proven there to be 112 different genders.
Evidence?

Gender is just some made up idea now used to mean personality, used by the immoral left to further the destruction of normality and society
I like your idea.
xylas
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Billycatnorbert)
I believe that there is an infinite number of genders. Although bio-psychology has proven there to be 112 different genders.
Gender isn't something that is decided by an individual, it is defined by society. Some societies do in fact have three or more genders, but most societies including ours have only two.

So while I respect your right to have that belief I have no respect for the belief itself.
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is only 1 gender, and that is Human.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm sick of hearing about this shite every bloody day on here.
Mikardo88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Identity politics will be the undoing of society.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Agreed, this is always the same. At some point some idiot will go on about being an Apache helicopter and in the end nobody on this debate ever gets a point across to anyone else because no one's willing to listen or leave people to get on with their lives. They will always just say gender is a personality when it isn't.... It is quite a boring debate.
Kaffee_1998
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are two sexes. There are two main genders.

The rest is down to the individual traits on the person.
Kaffee_1998
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mikardo88)
Identity politics will be the undoing of society.
It already is
(Original post by xylas)
Gender isn't something that is decided by an individual, it is defined by society. Some societies do in fact have three or more genders, but most societies including ours have only two.

So while I respect your right to have that belief I have no respect for the belief itself.
Explain how society defines your gender. Last I checked society didn’t decide I was a heterosexual male. I turned out to be that way as I developed
Billycatnorbert
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kaffee_1998)
Explain how society defines your gender. Last I checked society didn’t decide I was a heterosexual male. I turned out to be that way as I developed
Yes. This is because of the primal instincts we have had humans with a main objective to reproduce and not become extinct. Some people just have stronger brains to override this idea and be who they want to be. However being heterosexual is your sexual orientation

Gender is who or what you think you are
Kaffee_1998
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Billycatnorbert)
Yes. This is because of the primal instincts we have had humans with a main objective to reproduce and not become extinct. Some people just have stronger brains to override this idea and be who they want to be. However being heterosexual is your sexual orientation

Gender is who or what you think you are
So gender is subjective based on your own personal belief of what you are? Sorry to say but I doubt that.
Billycatnorbert
Rep:
?
So gender is subjective based on your own personal belief of what you are? Sorry to say but I doubt that.
Yes
xylas
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sure happy to explain for you:

Your gender is what you identify as. But society has defined what you can identify as. Therefore society doesn't decide what gender you are, but it does define what gender is as I said in my previous post.

Your gender isn't heterosexual male. If you identify as male then that would be your gender but being heterosexual is your sexuality and is nothing to do with gender.
ilem
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The thing you're referring to as 'gender' is just your personality. There is no such thing as gender, just sex.
Kaffee_1998
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xylas)
Sure happy to explain for you:

Your gender is what you identify as. But society has defined what you can identify as. Therefore society doesn't decide what gender you are, but it does define what gender is as I said in my previous post.

Your gender isn't heterosexual male. If you identify as male then that would be your gender but being heterosexual is your sexuality and is nothing to do with gender.
That’s fine but I don’t believe gender is subjective to what a person decides they are. It’s highly influenced by biological sex. Of which people are either male or female with some rare abnormal cases.
xylas
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That’s fine but I don’t believe gender is subjective to what a person decides they are. It’s highly influenced by biological sex. Of which people are either male or female with some rare abnormal cases.
Completely agree.
Fhu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
2 genders.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Agreed.

Some people on TSR have a bizarre fixation with
gender.

Meanwhile the vast majority of people will go about their day with giving two ***** about the subject.
tashkent46
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sulfolobus)
Agreed.

Some people on TSR have a bizarre fixation with
gender.

Meanwhile the vast majority of people will go about their day with giving two ***** about the subject.
112 genders?!?!?! 3!?!?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (20)
9.13%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (132)
60.27%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
13.7%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (32)
14.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.28%

Watched Threads