Want more information about this university?

Rivalries between colleges at Lancaster University?

Watch
Karolina_0110
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have firmed Lancaster for Film Studies,however I am due to to start uni till 2019 because I have chosen to have a gap year,whilst I was choosing which universities I should apply to I noticed that Lancaster had a collegiate system in place.I recently looked into it a bit more,I saw Lonsdale students talking about they didn't like Bowlanders.I know it's probably not something serious and they are just joking,but is this Hogwarts House type of competitiveness going around with all of the colleges?
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Joe1000000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Karolina_0110)
I have firmed Lancaster for Film Studies,however I am due to to start uni till 2019 because I have chosen to have a gap year,whilst I was choosing which universities I should apply to I noticed that Lancaster had a collegiate system in place.I recently looked into it a bit more,I saw Lonsdale students talking about they didn't like Bowlanders.I know it's probably not something serious and they are just joking,but is this Hogwarts House type of competitiveness going around with all of the colleges?
Other than the inter college sports stuff, and stuff during fresher's week the only real rivalry is the occasional post on Facebook and stuff like that. It really is nothing serious.
Smith1889
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lonsdale and Bowland by far have the best rivalry. Based on numbers alone we quadrouple the next biggest inter college event held in Summer, Founders is the biggest and the best.Lonsdale and Bowland also have Pre Founders events throughout the year to keep the rivalry going throughout the year, plus no college has a greater sense of community than Lonsdale!
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Virtually nobody cares after freshers week. The colleges are little more than the place where you live in first year to most people. Sure, some people get involved in their college but the majority make their friends through their course and societies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (62)
19.25%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (69)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (59)
18.32%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (68)
21.12%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.94%

Watched Threads