A-level online resources? Watch

🦁Road to A** 🦁
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So BBC Bitesize and other sites are completely useless at this moment, does anyone know any good website/YouTube channel (e.g mr Bruff)/resource that I could use for A-level (I’m talking generally for science as I’m taking these A-levels but anything would help) Thanks 🙏!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3257996
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by 🦁Road to A** 🦁)
So BBC Bitesize and other sites are completely useless at this moment, does anyone know any good website/YouTube channel (e.g mr Bruff)/resource that I could use for A-level (I’m talking generally for science as I’m taking these A-levels but anything would help) Thanks 🙏!!
Depends for what subject
SkyRunner61
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’m only any good for science A Level revision anyway lol, so these are the links that I find helpful:

1. Chemguide: good for Chemistry, unsurprisingly. It's a general site though, so you have to make sure to check what your exam board specifies you should learn and how you should phrase things
2. Physics and Maths tutor: despite the name, it has resources for all of the three main sciences, including summary sheets and past paper questions sorted according to topic
Flashsav
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Anyone know any good resources for a level maths
SkyRunner61
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Flashsav)
Physics and Maths tutor also does Maths stuff like summary sheets, compiled notes and past papers. It follows the old format of modules but it’s still a handy resource
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Flashsav)
exam solutions

:^) google it
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I can only talk for AQA Biology and Chemistry and Edexcel Psychology:

Physicsandmathstutor - Really good site for a variety of subjects and exam boards, mainly the science and maths though. It has revision notes, all the past exam papers and questions by topic so it's great for practcie and I wouldn't have survived without it.

Chemrevise - Exam board specific chemistry revision guides (unlike Chemguide which you could also use but I prefer this one) and includes a variety of boards. Has practical guides as well as nice, condensed notes on the exam topics and I loved this site so much!

E. Rintoul (youtube) - Great guy for AQA Chemistry revision, in depth on every topic and great for those topics your teacher just never seems to be able to teach well. Also does talk throughs of specimen papers.

Mr Pollock (youtube) - Does nice, quick, in-depth AQA Biology videos on the new specification. Highly recommended for quick recaps of topics and consolidating knowledge.

Psychology Wizard - One of the only places to find good notes for Edexcel Psychology. Covers all basic AS Level topics and Clinical and Child psychology for A2. Very in depth and much more helpful (and correct) than the actual textbook.
icygrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I didn't take A level science but here are some revision websites that I googled that seem to be good:
https://revisionscience.com/a2-level-level-revision
https://www.s-cool.co.uk/
Thread similar to this: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2530112

I don't know how A Level science works and the exam board for your subject but I'd recommend past papers and completing exam questions in timed conditions as this helped me with my revision.
🦁Road to A** 🦁
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Thanks everyone!!
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thanks everyone!!
You're welcome and good luck on your A levels!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (98)
16.78%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (62)
10.62%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (103)
17.64%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.07%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
9.93%
How can I be the best version of myself? (175)
29.97%

Watched Threads