My thoughts. Probs best to ignore them, I just feel like this would help. Watch

FightToWin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just the random thoughts about life I have all the time that I don't have anyone personally to share with. Lots of other people are doing this and I think it's a great idea. Sorry if you dont want to see it on Latest Posts or anything
FightToWin
Rep:
?
I should probably start by explaining what's going on in my life.

I'm 21, have had 4 jobs so far and the first one (Sainsbury's) is the only one where I haven't been asked to leave. The 3 jobs where I have were all doing the same thing, just for a different company. So I've been put off trying to do that job. Now need to find something else in my industry but until then am unemployed and have enough to last me until October (whether that's good or not i dont know). So I get a lot of time to think.
FightToWin
Rep:
?
I've wasted my entire summer. I worked all the way up until June when I had the most incredible holiday planned, a solo holiday, but still I was going to do so much that I'd never done before. Then I sensed that my managers were concerned about me and cancelled the entire holiday to work and impress them before my probationary period ran out. I got asked to leave when I should've been on holiday. It's been a great summer, we've had the heatwave, the World Cup, everyone seems to have enjoyed it, and I've sat indoors the whole time. By the time I'm back on my feet it'll be over.
FightToWin
Rep:
?
I'm probably going to offend a lot of people. But I feel so sorry for any kids who get born in the next generation.

I'm so so happy I was born into the last generation before smartphones. Where we actually went outside. Now I'd say the majority of kids being born now will spend their whole childhood at home with an iPad. Seeing 6 year olds with iPhones makes me feel sick.

Seeing all these chavs pushing multiple kids around with pushchairs makes me incredibly worried for the future.
FightToWin
Rep:
?
While we're on the subject of growing up, let's think about this.

From the age of 5, IT'S THE LAW you have to go to school. Yeah, I get it's because you need to know at least basic Maths and English skills to get by in the world, do taxes and whatever. But at the end of the day, it's so that you can get a job and make money for someone else, and the government. Yeah, I also get that some people will make it in life and open their own business. But no one looks at a 5 year old and goes "Yep, they're going to own a business." So the idea is we're just going to be a worker. Only a few will get lucky. From the age of 5, we're taken away from our parents to learn how to make money.

Think of a factory, producing thousands and thousands of products every day. Isn't that all life is?
FightToWin
Rep:
?
Why do we get inspired by celebrities who only show the good side of what they do for a living? Why does self pride and the idea of creating a perfect image stop everyone from showing the bad side?
FightToWin
Rep:
?
Some babies are born with more money than some people will earn throughout their entire career.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you're feeling this way
username3959912
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Read the subtle art of not giving an f - mark manson.

Ignore ur problem solve nothing. U will just become entitled to it.
FightToWin
Rep:
?
I genuinely don't get how you can hire someone, make the decision that you think they're good enough, then when you change your mind just chuck them out into the street to survive somehow, try to find something else, despite now having to explain why you got sacked to any future employer, in an already competitive world. How difficult will that be now? But it's management's job to literally not give a ****. If that person can't get anything else, becomes homeless, starves/freezes to death, it's technically murder. But it's legal, because this person didn't make you enough money for your liking.

What a world.
FightToWin
Rep:
?
(Original post by hello_shawn)
Sorry you're feeling this way
Believe it or not I'm far more positive, more motivated, happier than I've ever been since I lost the job. It was making me.. I don't want to say depressed, in case I'm wrong and I'm underestimating what people with depression really go through. But it was taking everything from me.

But when I want to rant, or someone asks me how I feel about certain subjects like money, the current state we're in... I will go on and on and on.

I haven't slept yet, which also probably explains a lot.
FightToWin
Rep:
?
(Original post by SwagNam)
Read the subtle art of not giving an f - mark manson.

Ignore ur problem solve nothing. U will just become entitled to it.
Not really a reading person.

Say the last bit again?
London090
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FightToWin)
I'm probably going to offend a lot of people. But I feel so sorry for any kids who get born in the next generation.

I'm so so happy I was born into the last generation before smartphones. Where we actually went outside. Now I'd say the majority of kids being born now will spend their whole childhood at home with an iPad. Seeing 6 year olds with iPhones makes me feel sick.

Seeing all these chavs pushing multiple kids around with pushchairs makes me incredibly worried for the future.
I agree with you on this, I think that children with iPads and iPhones is disgusting and their brains are melting and they're becoming very misbehaving and rude.
London090
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Believe it or not I'm far more positive, more motivated, happier than I've ever been since I lost the job. It was making me.. I don't want to say depressed, in case I'm wrong and I'm underestimating what people with depression really go through. But it was taking everything from me.

But when I want to rant, or someone asks me how I feel about certain subjects like money, the current state we're in... I will go on and on and on.

I haven't slept yet, which also probably explains a lot.
You sound like you have a lot on your mind but it's great that you like to let it out, this thread is like therapy😂
FightToWin
Rep:
?
I wonder if we could ever create a world where there's a certain level of essentials you don't need to work for, and everyone gets. Accommodation, food, transport etc.

We'd still have jobs, but they're not essential to survive, just helps you get the luxuries. More food, bigger accommodation, and all the other crap you want in life like TV's, sports equipment, events etc. You want something nice, you have to work for it, obviously. But this world should be ours to explore as we please, rather than forcing us to go through this slaughterhouse.

Think how much more we'd be willing to help others. How much more freedom we'd have. We could stop wars and start working with each other rather than competing.
London090
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I genuinely don't get how you can hire someone, make the decision that you think they're good enough, then when you change your mind just chuck them out into the street to survive somehow, try to find something else, despite now having to explain why you got sacked to any future employer, in an already competitive world. How difficult will that be now? But it's management's job to literally not give a ****. If that person can't get anything else, becomes homeless, starves/freezes to death, it's technically murder. But it's legal, because this person didn't make you enough money for your liking.

What a world.
As much as I would like to deny it our world now evolves around money, society is made out of money and frankly people just want to make more money😂 As much money as people have most of it is for personal benefit whilst millions of people scavenge for food to eat...
London090
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wonder if we could ever create a world where there's a certain level of essentials you don't need to work for, and everyone gets. Accommodation, food, transport etc.

We'd still have jobs, but they're not essential to survive, just helps you get the luxuries. More food, bigger accommodation, and all the other crap you want in life like TV's, sports equipment, events etc. You want something nice, you have to work for it, obviously. But this world should be ours to explore as we please, rather than forcing us to go through this slaughterhouse.

Think how much more we'd be willing to help others. How much more freedom we'd have.
Sometimes I just wish that we were still primitive creatures and we never evolved that we just kept living in caves😂 But I guess evolution was inevitable there isn't anything we can do right now, do you have any ideas on how we can change society from being so focused on money because i'm blank....😒
Spannerin'moi
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by London090)
I agree with you on this, I think that children with iPads and iPhones is disgusting and their brains are melting and they're becoming very misbehaving and rude.
I'm reading this on iPad!:lol:
London090
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Iluv2edgedsword)
I'm reading this on iPad!:lol:
Oh uhhh cool? are you a five or six year old kid?
Spannerin'moi
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by London090)
Oh uhhh cool? are you a five or six year old kid?
Nah..a teen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (221)
12.46%
Excited (166)
9.36%
Worried (309)
17.43%
Terrified (390)
22%
Meh (186)
10.49%
Confused (39)
2.2%