shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

TSR Film Club: The Matrix

Live Viewing: 29th July, 6:00pm

:party:

Hello and welcome to the second session of the TSR Film Club! New to this and need an introduction? Each week, we'll put out a thread for the Film Club, that will state the film we'll be watching, and the day you need to watch it by. To get involved, all you need to do is watch the film during that time, and post your thoughts on it in a spoiler.

There will also be a 'live' viewing on the final day of each session, where we'll try and get as many people watching at the same time as possible; you'll be able to live post your thoughts on the film, and won't need to spoiler it on this day. I hope as many of you as possible are still able to, and interested in, joining in

The second film we'll be viewing is The Matrix, with a whopping 114 votes in the first poll! We'll be running the live viewing session on Sunday 29th July at 6:00pm; if you want to take part in that, simply start watching at 6pm, and live post your reactions to the film as you go along. If you can't make the live viewing that's fine too; you can post your (spoilered) comments on the film before then, or you can post your thoughts without a spoiler any time after that

If you'd like to join in on this or future sessions, then just post here and tag me, and I'll add you to the quotelist! You don't need to commit to taking part every week, so even if you're just interested on an occasional basis, you're still very welcome to take part :hat2:

As an aside to the above, we also have a TSR Book Club for anyone who hasn't seen already, and would be interested in joining! We're currently on session 10, with the 11th session startingin two weeks
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
In addition to the above, the theme for the next session is Crime, so please make suggestions for films you'd like to watch in the TSR Film Club that fall into the genre, and I'll put out a poll this time next week
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nominating The Departed for Crime :yep:
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nominating Baby Driver:cool: for crime
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
love this film
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stop trying to rep me and rep me
albertrobson1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nominating SE7EN for Crim
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
b a u d r i l l a r d
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by albertrobson1)
Nominating SE7EN for Crim
se7en is so overrated imo :^(

loved the john doe scenes though, but never rlly got into it other than that
albertrobson1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ZiggyStardust_)
se7en is so overrated imo :^(

loved the john doe scenes though, but never rlly got into it other than that
Why do you find it overrated? I think it's a brilliant film, David Fincher does a perfect job of communicating the relationships and emotions of every character in every scene, and clearly establishes where the control of the scene is every single time.
Jenell_Cave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
nice
snugglebear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I liked the movie Zodiac. but this movie is pretty violent in places for anyone who is worried about that..
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by albertrobson1)
Why do you find it overrated? I think it's a brilliant film, David Fincher does a perfect job of communicating the relationships and emotions of every character in every scene, and clearly establishes where the control of the scene is every single time.
Hm, maybe it's not overrated, but I just never felt the connection with the film that I felt I should have had. You know, it's one of those films everyone "hypes" up, but when you get round to watching it yourself you just don't get that same feeling.

But ofc, David Fincher is an amazing director. Didn't get into Se7en, but Fight Club was pure genius.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Just a reminder to everyone that the live viewing for The Matrix is Sunday 29th June at 6:00pm - hope as many of you as possible are able to join in

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (70)
14.14%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (76)
15.35%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (94)
18.99%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (196)
39.6%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (26)
5.25%
No particular grades needed (33)
6.67%