(Original post by ProGamer)
Does anybody know if you are notified when you receive a cifas marker
Yeah when the bank closes your account have you received any letters from them
stella90945
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yes. The bank have said that I am no longer welcome with them and that my best bet is to basically apply with another bank. Having said this, I’m not too sure if I actually have the cifas marker. I called up several times, one lady said she “doesn’t think” it affects my ability to apply elsewhere. Another didn’t even know what a cifas marker was. Now my account is closed, my bank cant tell me anything as there’s no account to check from. I tried to submit the form to Cifas to try and see if I was on record for anything however as I am 16, technically I am underage. Is it definite that I even got the mark? I reported a stolen card with my phone that has my details. Transactions were made to and from my card. The bank shut everything down and I’m not welcome there.
Last edited by stella90945; 3 months ago
struggler07
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by stella90945)
Yes. The bank have said that I am no longer welcome with them and that my best bet is to basically apply with another bank. Having said this, I’m not too sure if I actually have the cifas marker. I called up several times, one lady said she “doesn’t think” it affects my ability to apply elsewhere. Another didn’t even know what a cifas marker was. Now my account is closed, my bank cant tell me anything as there’s no account to check from. I tried to submit the form to Cifas to try and see if I was on record for anything however as I am 16, technically I am underage. Is it definite that I even got the mark? I reported a stolen card with my phone that has my details. Transactions were made to and from my card. The bank shut everything down and I’m not welcome there.
If the bank closes your account you defo have a cifas marker which last for 6 years all the banks you apply for will see this don’t worry you can still get a prepaid card they don’t require checks mostly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (0)
0%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (1)
100%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (0)
0%

Watched Threads