SaksTheGreatest
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I recently got an unconditional offer from my firm choice and want to change it as I got higher grades than I predicted so am I able to go into adjustment on results day?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SaksTheGreatest)
I recently got an unconditional offer from my firm choice and want to change it as I got higher grades than I predicted so am I able to go into adjustment on results day?
No, as adjustment is about exceeding your offer not your predicted grades. This is one reason why unis give out unconditional offers. The only way to find another place would be via clearing.

Although this isn't relevant to you, you only have 5 days to enter adjustment once your place is confirmed so you wouldn't be able to wait for results day if you have your results now.
SaksTheGreatest
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
No, as adjustment is about exceeding your offer not your predicted grades. This is one reason why unis give out unconditional offers. The only way to find another place would be via clearing.

Although this isn't relevant to you, you only have 5 days to enter adjustment once your place is confirmed so you wouldn't be able to wait for results day if you have your results now.
Didn't mean 'Predicted' I meant the offer that the university said to get was A A B and I achieved A* A C (equivalent) So would I be able to go into adjustment or have I not exceeded the grades I meant to get?
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Didn't mean 'Predicted' I meant the offer that the university said to get was A A B and I achieved A* A C (equivalent) So would I be able to go into adjustment or have I not exceeded the grades I meant to get?
If you've got an unconditional offer, the answer is still the same. You can't exceed it so you're not eligible. It doesn't matter what the offer was originally, you now can't exceed the conditions.

To be eligible for adjustment you have to meet all the conditions of your offer and exceed at least one, so if your conditions were AAB and you achieved A*AC then you're not eligible as you didn't at least meet the B grade.

So either way, you're not eligible, I'm sorry.
SaksTheGreatest
If you've got an unconditional offer, the answer is still the same. You can't exceed it so you're not eligible. It doesn't matter what the offer was originally, you now can't exceed the conditions.

To be eligible for adjustment you have to meet all the conditions of your offer and exceed at least one, so if your conditions were AAB and you achieved A*AC then you're not eligible as you didn't at least meet the B grade.

So either way, you're not eligible, I'm sorry.
It'sokay no need to apologise, but they just recently gave me my unconditional offer yesterday and it was conditional before that. Does that change anything?
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It'sokay no need to apologise, but they just recently gave me my unconditional offer yesterday and it was conditional before that. Does that change anything?
It doesn't really change anything as it doesn't sound like you have exceeded the conditions of your offer.

Did your offer become unconditional after the uni received your results?

Do you have the option to enter adjustment on your track page?
SaksTheGreatest
It doesn't really change anything as it doesn't sound like you have exceeded the conditions of your offer.

Did your offer become unconditional after the uni received your results?

Do you have the option to enter adjustment on your track page?
Yeah the offer became unconditional after they have received my results, and there is no current option for adjustment cause I heard it opens on results day but don't know if I will have that option..
Indigo&Violet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah the offer became unconditional after they have received my results, and there is no current option for adjustment cause I heard it opens on results day but don't know if I will have that option..
Just to check, you say it became unconditional after the university got your results. When did you sit your A levels? Or are you saying you've done A levels when actually you've done a different qualification? If you've done a different qualification like IB or French Bac it is better if you tell us your actual offer and results as it might change the advice you are being given.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The button will be on your Track - it shows for everyone who has their firm place confirmed. However even if you click the button any university you contact will check your eligibility and decline you as you missed the B condition of your offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.82%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
23.53%

Watched Threads