The Student Room Group

HEELLLPPP MEE please

any revision material for year ten, quizlets and that are helpful too. subjects I'm doing are latin, geog, German and re plus all the compulsory ones. I'm really good at English so i don't need anything for that, so ja anything helps. thanks.

im rubbish at geography - i chose it cause i wasnt good at anything else, i get from Ds to Bs in geog its inconsistent and for latin im screwed I chose it cause im okay at it but i dont know the grammar.

ANYTHING HELPS
For sciences and geography, would really recommend seneca learning

There are some really good youtube videos on geography that I found super helpful (let me know if you want some of them linked), and people like freesciencelessons, hegartymaths on youtube are really good. And for Geography I just did lots of pop quizzes I made myself and did flashcards and mindmaps. Try and learn the case studies well, because they can help you understand a topic and get you lots of extra marks!

Latin grammar - biggest recommendation would be to just do a little big of practice as much as possible. I couldn't really find any good resources, so each night would just recite a different verb conjugation / learn some irregular verbs etc. Literally just 5 minutes for 2 or 3 evenings a week, and then when I did this I wrote myself a test, which I did a week later. Helped me to actually get it in my brain and remember it... But I know that everyone learns in different ways - this is what worked for me, but if it's not good for you try something else. Maybe flashcards? Lots of my friends used them!
Original post by sallyS22
For sciences and geography, would really recommend seneca learning

There are some really good youtube videos on geography that I found super helpful (let me know if you want some of them linked), and people like freesciencelessons, hegartymaths on youtube are really good. And for Geography I just did lots of pop quizzes I made myself and did flashcards and mindmaps. Try and learn the case studies well, because they can help you understand a topic and get you lots of extra marks!

Latin grammar - biggest recommendation would be to just do a little big of practice as much as possible. I couldn't really find any good resources, so each night would just recite a different verb conjugation / learn some irregular verbs etc. Literally just 5 minutes for 2 or 3 evenings a week, and then when I did this I wrote myself a test, which I did a week later. Helped me to actually get it in my brain and remember it... But I know that everyone learns in different ways - this is what worked for me, but if it's not good for you try something else. Maybe flashcards? Lots of my friends used them!

thank you, could you link the youtubers please, also i have started latin revision now and will use your tips definitely in the summer holiday because all the people in my latin class are like geniuses and it is gonna be a very small class (private school reasons) so if i am bad at it EVERYONE will know. i translate a latin story a day - would that help, do you think? plus i am really good at vocabulary, i dont know if that is also helpful. we havent got to the literature side yet.
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
i translate a latin story a day - would that help, do you think? plus i am really good at vocabulary, i dont know if that is also helpful. we havent got to the literature side yet.

That approach sounds like it should help with your understanding and interpretation of grammar, and being strong at vocabulary is always a good thing. I did Latin GCSE, and most of my understanding of grammar came from knowing what all the words meant and fitting them together in a way that made sense in English
Original post by SkyRunner61
That approach sounds like it should help with your understanding and interpretation of grammar, and being strong at vocabulary is always a good thing. I did Latin GCSE, and most of my understanding of grammar came from knowing what all the words meant and fitting them together in a way that made sense in English

Thank you x
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
any revision material for year ten, quizlets and that are helpful too. subjects I'm doing are latin, geog, German and re plus all the compulsory ones. I'm really good at English so i don't need anything for that, so ja anything helps. thanks.

im rubbish at geography - i chose it cause i wasnt good at anything else, i get from Ds to Bs in geog its inconsistent and for latin im screwed I chose it cause im okay at it but i dont know the grammar.

ANYTHING HELPS

Hi

Quick Reply

Latest