The big problem of tooth decay in UK Watch

Kevin70
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Tooth decay in UK has become a big problem. Lack of vitamin D, incorrect way of brushing the teeth, gum diseases, and expensive dental treatment are the main causes of tooth decay. To that we can also add high consumption of junk food and sweet things and fizzy drinks.
Randyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you mean with incorrect way of brushing? Idk if I brush correctly. I only floss once a day before bedtime aswell. For the past year I've been drinking anything with suger out of a straw or tried avoiding it completely, mainly to stay lean though.

Idk if I get enough vitamins
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:laugh:
Kevin70
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Brushing and flossing must be done three times a day after each main meal. Everyone regardless of age must have his teeth deep cleaned by the dentist every six months. Choice of toothpaste and tooth brush are very important: there is a good reason whya toothpaste is £1 and some others upto £10. Diabetes and stomach acid both damages the teeth and gum over several years. Most of the tooth problems start after the age of 35 therefore young people should look after their teeth very well. Teeth and general health are interrelated and to lose one single tooth is enough to upset everything. Unfortunately, people’s knowledge of oral hygiene and dental care is almost zero. The biggest problem is gum disease that is the main cause of tooth loss. Only high level of dental care can slow down the loss of teeth as everyone will eventually lose their teeth due to aging. Three time brushing, three times flossing, twice deep cleaning per year, and best toothpaste and toothbrush even if they cost dearly. There is no other way, moderate measures like brushing once a day before going to bed will not suffice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (46)
33.33%
No I don't (64)
46.38%
I work during the holidays (28)
20.29%

Watched Threads