The Student Room Group

SAAS Access Funding

Hi Everyone!

I've looked around online for a while and couldn't get an exact answer to this question and I'm really confused. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it.

I'm a Scottish student and entitled to funding from SAAS. I did a HNC course which was funded by SAAS. I am now looking into doing an Access course in a separate subject which I qualify for, and then doing a 4 year degree at university.

This would total to 6 years of study. (1 year HNC, 1 year Access Course, 4 year degree).

I know people who have been funded for a HNC and degree (5 years), and other people who have said that SAAS funded their access course. The access course website also says that most students are entitled to funding.

I have heard that SAAS will fund 4 years (+1) . However, I have heard that SAAS will continue to fund you, as long as you continue to study at increasingly higher levels. I'm not sure if an access course is viewed as equal to a HNC as both allow 1st year entry at university.

My question is, would SAAS fund all of this as my education would be progressing? Or would they only fund parts, and if so what parts? If they will only fund 5 years, then should I pay for the access course as it is cheaper than 1 year of university?

If anyone could help, or share personal experience, I'd really appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending