Do I still have a chance of avoiding health issues? Watch

BradleyAustin97
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm nearly 21 and I haven't led a healthy active lifestyle and have had poor mental life. If I change myself now, is it too late to avoid any potential future health issues such as diabetes and cancer?
black tea
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
it's never too late to start looking after your health. the sooner you start, the better your health will be in the future.
SocialScienceHoe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by BradleyAustin97)
I'm nearly 21 and I haven't led a healthy active lifestyle and have had poor mental life. If I change myself now, is it too late to avoid any potential future health issues such as diabetes and cancer?
of course you can, and even if you couldn't avoid it you could certainly avoid making the risk worse
BradleyAustin97
Rep:
?
thank you guys 🙂 that makes me feel a lot better. I am in a position where I can finally start doing all the stuff I want to do
BennyD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Diabetes can be reversed in most instances as well, and changing one's lifestyle to healthier options is always recommended! Also, good for you!
SkyRunner61
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
thank you guys 🙂 that makes me feel a lot better. I am in a position where I can finally start doing all the stuff I want to do
Congrats on getting to a place where you can do all of those things! Recovering from a place of poor mental health can be really difficult, so well done for getting there and asking for advice
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Cancer is wildly unpredictable. Diabetes can be controlled more effectively. What makes you concerned about diabetes now? Are you obese? Diet issues?
BradleyAustin97
Rep:
?
(Original post by sknudson)
Cancer is wildly unpredictable. Diabetes can be controlled more effectively. What makes you concerned about diabetes now? Are you obese? Diet issues?
Severalpeople in my family have died from cancer and as for the diabetes I am not fat, actually closer towards skinny but I do eat a lot of sugary foods and drinks and don't eat healithly.
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
the sooner the better and you will have more chances at not contracting health issues

of you can take care of yourself do it!

don't forget to floss your teeth
BradleyAustin97
Rep:
?
(Original post by SkyRunner61)
Congrats on getting to a place where you can do all of those things! Recovering from a place of poor mental health can be really difficult, so well done for getting there and asking for advice
Thank you Sky Runner 🙂 it definitely can be difficult to ask for help when needed
BradleyAustin97
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheTroll73)
the sooner the better and you will have more chances at not contracting health issues

of you can take care of yourself do it!

don't forget to floss your teeth
I am actually starting to brush my teeth again properly and thank you
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am actually starting to brush my teeth again properly and thank you
no problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (98)
16.72%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (62)
10.58%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (105)
17.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.02%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
9.9%
How can I be the best version of myself? (175)
29.86%

Watched Threads