The Student Room Group

How much to charge for tutoring.

Hello! I just graduating from Biomedical Engineering (1st class for a four years masters) at Imperial College London. I would like to start tutoring maybe around the south west London area. I used to tutor during my gap year when I lived abroad (Maths IB HL and SL, Chemistry IB HL/SL and A level).

If I wanted to start tutoring now, what sort of rate could/should I charge and what's the best way to find clients? (I guess advertise online, or ask at local schools but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?) I could tutor Maths/Further Maths, Chemistry or Physics A level or GCSE. I also have a full DBS.

Thank you for any advice!
Original post by SLS46
Hello! I just graduating from Biomedical Engineering (1st class for a four years masters) at Imperial College London. I would like to start tutoring maybe around the south west London area. I used to tutor during my gap year when I lived abroad (Maths IB HL and SL, Chemistry IB HL/SL and A level).

If I wanted to start tutoring now, what sort of rate could/should I charge and what's the best way to find clients? (I guess advertise online, or ask at local schools but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?) I could tutor Maths/Further Maths, Chemistry or Physics A level or GCSE. I also have a full DBS.

most tutors charge an hourly rate and increase it depending on the academic level. my friend tutored A level maths for £40 an hour and advertised in a local paper and put posters up on college and uni campuses and online
Original post by SLS46

If you don't have connections, then advertising online is your best bet, as you'd have to ask really posh schools as tutoring is expensive. Tutoring rates typically run from £15–35 per hour, and some people charge up to £50 in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending