The Student Room Group

doc wont tell me if this is epilepsy?

hi

my eeg says that some abnormal frequencies exist in my temporal lobe.
so I was wondering what does that mean,could it still be epilepsy?
(edited 5 years ago)
this is a question that only your doctor will be able to answer
he decided not to. because i moved abroad and now im not his problem as he said. and to find a neuro in nhs is going to take me months
Reply 3
Original post by fairytalegonebad
he decided not to. because i moved abroad and now im not his problem as he said. and to find a neuro in nhs is going to take me months

It could be epilepsy. A neurologist is best placed to give you the definitive answer.
Post edited automatically

That's...really terrible, I'm sorry that's been your medical experience. If you can contact him still, you might as well try to ask again. And even though it would take ages, if that fails then waiting on the NHS is your cheapest option :/
this has been the worst experience.he is supposed to be a professor as well. his secretary always answers the phone and all she said was."the doc said you dont need medication.perhaps reduce stress" im not stressed...

You can't just "find a neuro" in the NHS, you have to be referred by your GP. You can ask to be referred to a private neurologist if you want to be seen more quickly. If you have the results of any previous investigations you have had, it would be worth bringing them along with you to any appointments.
this has been the worst experience.he is supposed to be a professor as well. his secretary always answers the phone and all she said was."the doc said you dont need medication.perhaps reduce stress" im not stressed...

He's a professor... therefore he should have a direct phone line to every one of his patients? You realise he will have seen literally thousands of patients in his clinics, right?

If he's not given you medication he clearly doesn't think its epilepsy. If you have concerns, you should go to your GP and get referred again.

Quick Reply

Latest