The Student Room Group

Don’t you just feel useless

Scroll to see replies

That’s what life is about is about cope with ease problems, that matters
Best advice don’t focus your attention your problems focus on solutions.
Focus on wat can do to prevent yourself from being jobless.
Work harder at those exams, focus on improving concentration and focus, get more sleep, eat right exercise all these natural every day habits.
Make use of summer to relax and prepare for the next few years.

For example using the summer to work on sleeping better if your sleeping isn’t good to get it right.

If you are struggling with procrastinating rather than giving up and regretting it years to come focus on what can I change now. I will put my deadlines in diary or mobile. I will leave that mobile in another room while I I study etc.

If for example you are off studying or not able to work due to mental health use the time to focus on these activities further and cope with whatever life throws at you.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I understand.

But at the same if you been through you need that time to say enough is enough and best to listen to your body and mind, if the symptoms are bad with depression etc no matter how much you try to think about how to change something it is not going to work. At the end of mental health conditions are illnesses just like diabetes and it’s about coping with symptoms so they do not interfere I’m your everyday life if they start interfer work on ways to reduce their issues.d
If you are wiped out and yourvd got headaches and you can barely function that is where you say hang I need more tha psychological therapy to help get though daily life .
If you are God, fix it please.

I said I am a god, not thee god these weirdos worship. Listen, it's a state of mind, I am probably the most narcissistic, egotistical, self absorbed ******* you could ever meet. If you want something in life, go and ****ing get it, be tenacious. (And I have totally forgotten what this thread is about, lol)
Original post by TeddyBear86
But at the same if you been through you need that time to say enough is enough and best to listen to your body and mind, if the symptoms are bad with depression etc no matter how much you try to think about how to change something it is not going to work. At the end of mental health conditions are illnesses just like diabetes and it’s about coping with symptoms so they do not interfere I’m your everyday life if they start interfer work on ways to reduce their issues.d
If you are wiped out and yourvd got headaches and you can barely function that is where you say hang I need more tha psychological therapy to help get though daily life .

I’m working on it, it’s mostly to do with people and uni.
Are you bring serious?
I felt bad because I thought I made you feel bad for reading that.

I would have felt bad but it's been a while since I learnt about the golden lesson of not caring/ feeling empathetic about many people who aren't worth it and wouldn't feel the same for you.

Helps me from getting backstabbed.
Just remember we are a tiny part of history on this small speck of dust of a planet that is in a huge universe. Always makes me feel better knowing that I can try out lots of things knowing people probably won't remember them in the future.
I constantly feel useless
Reply 27
Stand up for yourself and stop people treating you badly. They won't do it on their own.
Same here
Life I tell you.
Everyone knows what they want to do.
I don’t what I want to do. I have a bright future, but it’s not helping.
I am punctual, I have polite, I always do what I’m told. I always compare myself and show myself down.
I am in an unhealthy environment at school. I can’t stand it. I have stopped overthinking and cut down the negative thoughts. It’s working well. But I don’t want to become jobless, I don’t know what I want to do.
I don’t get why people treat me so badly, when I haven’t done anything to them.
I get laughed at, people are rude to me, people treat me according to how they think they should. I feel like a pushover at times, a burden to people. I am me, don’t wish for the worst, but jealously comes in the way.
I’m tired of the obstacles life throws at me.
Never felt included properly at school. Misunderstood. I don’t trust people. I don’t like throwing my problems on people. The amount of people that have left me. I’m broken.

I don’t want any comments on how lonely I am or any kind of comments please.

- don't worry a lot of people don't know what they want to do, some people get a head start in finding what they loved, and the majority blindly follow some expectation of what they think should do or just because they're good at something even if it isn't meaningful or purposeful or fun to them. As a psychologist once said, it is not normal to know what we want, it is a rare and difficult psychological achievement. It helps to follow your joy but that requires huge amounts of bravery so take it step by step

- this one is difficult i have the same issue but try releasing attachment to the idea of being good. I'm going to be seen as the devil incarnate when i tell my muslim family i don't believe and all support from them will be out the window, but i just know that it's futile to make them see me different and all the suffering i've felt living with them, all blame will be projected onto me even more still, i have to let them think what they want and do what's right for me. I was a very quiet and reserved person at uni, i still managed to have a lecturer hate me for no reason and be rude to me and ignore my requests for help, people give to you what is in them, but also they mirror to you what aspects in yourself you could also resolve i.e. in what ways do i disapprove of myself and act passive aggressive to myself, and not meet my own needs, the same goes for all those things you say about misunderstood, trust issues, belonging issues, seeking help and support from others issues

- i'm becoming jobless partly because i won't have a reference from that mean uni lecturer hehe, and trying any random fun things to make money instead, who wants a job anyway, it's life draining :frown:
Been suicidal at times and the best thing i learnt is that i'm going to die and it doesn't even matter so might as well do what i can and what i love, and that if i completely fail at ever getting meaningful work at least i tried, i'm not a failure, it's just really tough living in this world, there's no use trying to make sure everything works out perfectly, whatever happens is what i could manage and that's fine

- jealousy = we feel like we can't have the thing we're jealous of, empower yourself i'm sure you'll figure this one out

Quick Reply

Latest