The Student Room Group

Trump is owned by the Russians

Does any person really question the fact that Trump is owned by Putin? After his performance at the press conference with Putin the other day, it's clear that he will continue to defend the Russian president even at extreme political cost to himself, even when it means attacking US intelligence agencies who are technically his employees (not to mention in blatant disregard of known facts).

That private meeting that Trump had alone with Putin, that all his aides were excluded from... even Trump's Director of National Intelligence still hasn't been told what was discussed. It's clear that nothing related to US national interests was discussed; Trump needed to get into a room alone with Putin, with no other Americans, so they could co-ordinate on shielding Trump from investigation and provide him with new orders (he would never risk speaking over an open phone line to talk about their relationship).

President Trump plans to invite President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia to Washington for another meeting in the fall, officials said Thursday, even as Mr. Trump’s top advisers groped for details of what the two leaders discussed in their last meeting in Helsinki, Finland.
Mr. Trump’s director of national intelligence, Dan Coats, acknowledged frustration at being kept in the dark about the meeting, which included only the leaders and their respective interpreters.

New information emerges in the NY Times today.

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.Mr. Trump sounded grudgingly convinced, according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing. But ever since, Mr. Trump has tried to cloud the very clear findings that he received on Jan. 6, 2017, which his own intelligence leaders have unanimously endorsed.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I mean it doesn't really matter if we agree he is or not. The fact is he is defending Putin either way.
Calling trump supporters mentally retarded is an insult to mentally retarded people
Original post by monkeyman0121
I mean it doesn't really matter if we agree he is or not. The fact is he is defending Putin either way.

It's pretty clear he is. No other interpretation makes sense in light of known facts. If Trump didn't owe the Russians, he would have no reason to continually (and ineptly) defend and praise Putin in public, to deny that the Russians interfered in the election when the fact that they did is now beyond question.

And if there was no secret relationship, he would have no reason to keep setting up these meetings with Putin where all American officials are excluded. Does anyone really think Trump is even close to being across the detail that comes up in a head of state meeting? Even a highly intelligent president like Obama would have various political and national security aides sit in on any major meetings he had with foreign leaders. That's just how you do things, you need people taking notes and minutes, you need the civil servants to be across the details so that they can start making the arrangements for what has been agreed, etc. Trump's practice of meeting alone with Putin is evidence of guilt.

At that meeting with Putin last year, the only other person there was a Russian interpreter. And Trump still hasn't told anyone what was discussed. I think this is the third meeting in which all American officials have been excluded, and he's just proposed a fourth by inviting Putin to Washington in the fall.
(edited 5 years ago)
Maybe he threatened to grab Putin by the balls if he doesn't behave himself from now on, how are we to tell?
Apparently Trump and Putin took a private moment to watch a watersports video together.
Trump is russian to get him pregnant, theres no time
Original post by zhog
Maybe he threatened to grab Putin by the balls if he doesn't behave himself from now on, how are we to tell?

Trump threaten Putin? :lol: What parallel universe are you living in where Trump would do anything that might upset the Russians?
Better to be owned by 'the Russians' than the CIA, Pentagon and military-industrial-warmachine complex.
Reply 9
Either the pee pee tape is real or Putin has got some other embarrassing material of Trump. What else would Putin have that would get trump to say he trusted Russia above his own country? I’m glad that senior Republicans are criticising his Helsinki performance but they need to take a stand against him, otherwise they are traitors to their country. I reckon that will only happen if Republicans flop in the midterms.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
I do not support Trump in any way.
However, many people voted for him out of desperation because they wanted change. Some of these people find it hard to even feed themselves because they are so poor. These people, rightly, wanted change. Unfortunately, Trump presented himself perfectly as a person of change and so, perhaps not even particularly liking Trump, many, many people ended up voting for him.
I am not supporting these people either, but giving a possible reason why some of them voted for him. Of course many people voted for him for different reasons to those above.
Very interesting topic.
x
Original post by AlexanderHam
Trump threaten Putin? :lol: What parallel universe are you living in where Trump would do anything that might upset the Russians?

The one parallel to yours, you'll see it out of the right window. You may not realise this but I am the one who knows nothing and you know it all, that is all that separates our universes. Good on you and CNN.
[video="youtube;K_jqKtnW2Ec"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_jqKtnW2Ec[/video]

Ezra Klein sums it up well here. There's no doubt that theres very deep ties between Trump and Russia. I feel that Putin stayed far away and allowed others such as oleg deripaska to do the work. Financially speaking, his son has admitted that after Trump became a liability for american banks due to being such a risk, they relied on russian banks.

Id say the steele dossier shows the full extent well. Kompromat exists, and trumps been a puppet for a long time. Russia's wanted chaos in the west, from the rise of the far right, brexit an trump. russias intervened to push those, and by weakening the west they become stronger.
Original post by Trapz99
Either the pee pee tape is real or Putin has got some other embarrassing material of Trump. What else would Putin have that would get trump to say he trusted Russia above his own country?

Getting Trump into the White House is basically check mate for Russia. A few years ago, they couldn't have imagined in their wildest geopolitical wet dreams that they would have a US president using his bully pulpit to promote Russian policy; by attacking NATO, by attacking the EU, by attacking the leaders of allied countries, by questioning whether the US would comply with Article 5 in the event of a Russian attack on eastern Europe, by publicly supporting the position of a Russian president while attacking the US intelligence community.

It just boggles the mind. Thankfully, the truth will come out. Trump will go down as the most despised president in history, and may well end up in prison. Mueller knows far more than is commonly realised.

I’m glad that senior Republicans are criticising his Helsinki performance but they need to take a stand against him, otherwise they are traitors to their country and its allies. I reckon that will only happen if Republicans flop in the midterms.

I completely agree. I hope that the Blue Wave is a reality.

Many Republicans just want to get through their primaries and then will start distancing themselves from Trump (at least, those Republicans in competitive states like New York, California, Virginia, Florida, Ohio etc). But it will take a real wipeout, on the scale of 1994, to see the Republicans turn on Trump en-masse
Original post by zhog
You may not realise this but I am the one who knows nothing

Why wouldn't I realise that? Your cognitive deficits are as obvious as your politics are nauseating

I completely agree. I hope that the Blue Wave is a reality.

The democrats are idiots too. I hope they try to cleanse themselves of Clinton. Most importantly, they need to focus on rebranding and focusing on real issues that affect people's lives. Trump has successfully created this lie of a narrative that hes improved the economy, created jobs, made america safer and fixed the situation in NK when every single one of those claims are a big misinterpretation or just a straight lie.

So far theyve been complacent and relying on the anti trump rhetoric to win, but maybe its too early to judge
Reply 16
Clearly the most successful infiltration of the American Government by the Russians lmao
Why wouldn't I realise that? Your cognitive deficits are as obvious as your politics are nauseating

Wisest is he who knows he doesn't know, that's my motto. Anyway, you left out of the quote the bit where i called you a know-it-all.
Original post by Trapz99
Either the pee pee tape is real or Putin has got some other embarrassing material of Trump. What else would Putin have that would get trump to say he trusted Russia above his own country? I’m glad that senior Republicans are criticising his Helsinki performance but they need to take a stand against him, otherwise they are traitors to their country. I reckon that will only happen if Republicans flop in the midterms.

Theres lots of things, his real estate is very suspicious and has long been suspected as being used to launder money. Financial ties are the big thing here.

The pot calling the kettle black.

Quick Reply

Latest