Msc Information Security - Royal Holloway ,University of Surrey or Cardiff University

Watch
Mehervatsa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have got unconditional offers from all three universities but I cannot decide where i should go , The Royal Holloway degree has a year in industry but altogether Cardiff has a better reputation.The course of both Royal Holloway and Surrey are great and are GCHQ CERTIFIED but Cardiff doesn’t have a detailed coursework as compared to the other two universities.As i am an international student my main aim is to study and secure a placement preferably in the UK after pursuing this course so which university should i choose the one which is better ranked (Cardiff) or one which has GCHQ certification (Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mehervatsa)
I have got unconditional offers from all three universities but I cannot decide where i should go , The Royal Holloway degree has a year in industry but altogether Cardiff has a better reputation.The course of both Royal Holloway and Surrey are great and are GCHQ CERTIFIED but Cardiff doesn’t have a detailed coursework as compared to the other two universities.As i am an international student my main aim is to study and secure a placement preferably in the UK after pursuing this course so which university should i choose the one which is better ranked (Cardiff) or one which has GCHQ certification (Royal Holloway
Hi Mehervatsa,

It's great to hear you are considering studying with us.

Our MSc Information Security course is certified by GCHQ and led by academics and industrial partners in one of the largest and most established Information Security Groups in the world.

We hold strong ties with the industry, which means we understand the need of employers and our curriculum will ensure that you are well prepared for employment.

If you'd like to chat to a current Information Security student, Tanvi would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. You can start a conversation with her on our website here.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Susana
University of Surrey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mehervatsa)
Hi Mehervatsa,

Congratulations on your offers - that's a great achievement! If you have any questions about the course at Surrey then feel free to contact François who is the admissions tutor for the course: [email protected]

If you have any more general questions about Surrey then I'd be more than happy to help as well

All the best,
Emma
prak95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mehervatsa,
I’m in a similar situation and curious which university you chose and how did it work out ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads