The Student Room Group

English Literature complete A Level in one year

I’m planning to study psychology and in my last year I’m going to take Psych A2, bio A2 and English lit AS. What I’m unsure about is that as a future carrier I would love to do some sort of writing from a psychological perpspective. And so I was considering doing the whole English Lit a level in one year. I know that it is considered a difficult a level + it has tons of reading involved but I’m not sure if I should just leave it incomplete since it is not required by my psych course. Has anyone ever taken literature in one year? Help!!!

PS I’ll be going to uni with Bio A Level, Russian A Level, Psych A Level, English Lit AS (if I don’t decide to take the whole lit a level in one year)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by samitramondo
I’m planning to study psychology and in my last year I’m going to take Psych A2, bio A2 and English lit AS. What I’m unsure about is that as a future carrier I would love to do some sort of writing from a psychological perpspective. And so I was considering doing the whole English Lit a level in one year. I know that it is considered a difficult a level + it has tons of reading involved but I’m not sure if I should just leave it incomplete since it is not required by my psych course. Has anyone ever taken literature in one year? Help!!!

PS I’ll be going to uni with Bio A Level, Russian A Level, Psych A Level, English Lit AS (if I don’t decide to take the whole lit a level in one year)

Your priority is to get the grades you need to get in.
It would be possible to do English in a tear but only if you commit.

If it is too much then it puts your other three at risk. It also puts the English at risk as you could get a mediocre grade. You will have to weight it up and decide if its for you.

Quick Reply