The Student Room Group

Do boys like girls who don’t always make an effort?

Eg- never/rarely wearing make up, throwing your hair in a bobble instead of doing it nice, not wearing expensive clothes ( that we can’t afford) or not wearing revealing clothes?
I’d like that, seems more genuine and down to earth to me.

As long as some effort has been made to be presentable I’d be fine with that. I’m 17 and I think I have the right attitude on this, others may disagree.
Reply 2
I'm personally against the overuse of makeup paint and prefer a more natural look.
Because, I wouldn't want to wake up one day before you'd managed to do your architecture to freak out thinking, who is this woman?
Reply 3
Original post by Tommy123Hull
I’d like that, seems more genuine and down to earth to me.

As long as some effort has been made to be presentable I’d be fine with that. I’m 17 and I think I have the right attitude on this, others may disagree.

Yeah I get you. Some effort does have to go in, like good personal hygiene and wearing clean clothes etc
Reply 4
Original post by BennyD
I'm personally against the overuse of makeup paint and prefer a more natural look.
Because, I wouldn't want to wake up one day before you'd managed to do your architecture to freak out thinking, who is this woman?

I don’t understand how or why girls go to such lengths to pretend they look different to what they actually do. Oviously it’s up to them and if it makes them happy that’s ok.
It suggests integrity if you dont go around looking like you are seeking attention. Integrity is better than popularity!
Reply 6
Original post by Richard0328
It suggests integrity if you dont go around looking like you are seeking attention. Integrity is better than popularity!

Some people might just like the way they look with makeup and the like on.
I know I quite enjoy my waistcoat because I think it makes me look dapper! :biggrin:
Original post by Richard0328

Absolutely true. Too many people (mainly girls) that are so focused on their social media life that they plop a load of makeup on their face to make it all seem better so they can get loads of likes.

Be yourself, you can’t be no one else. 😀

A little bit of makeup is fine too. Just when they start to look like clowns it puts me off. Seems fake to me.
Original post by BennyD

I know I quite enjoy my waistcoat because I think it makes me look dapper! :biggrin:

I like your style! 😀
Original post by Anonymous
Eg- never/rarely wearing make up, throwing your hair in a bobble instead of doing it nice, not wearing expensive clothes ( that we can’t afford) or not wearing revealing clothes?

Sounds much less intimidating and more approachable. Also not wearing clothing beyond one's means sounds like someone who's more financially responsible. Plus bobbles are cute and hair that's tied up is kinda hot
Yes, it's cool when slmetimes a girl just doesn't care but dont go overboard. You do need to put in effort, a ton of effort. Just make sure that you're not losing attractiveness points... Dont listen to people who say 'no just be yourself dont makr effort'.

The more desired guys need to be competef for just like the more desired girls need to be competed for. Its definetly hot when sometimes a girl just throws her hair into a *****y 'idc' bun but its about balance... Look the best you can do

Ps. Wearinf designer clothing has nothing to do with looking good, esp with girls. I've never looked at a girl different cause shr has a 500pound tshirt, just look good
Original post by Randyyy
Yes, it's cool when slmetimes a girl just doesn't care but dont go overboard. You do need to put in effort, a ton of effort. Just make sure that you're not losing attractiveness points... Dont listen to people who say 'no just be yourself dont makr effort'.

The more desired guys need to be competef for just like the more desired girls need to be competed for. Its definetly hot when sometimes a girl just throws her hair into a *****y 'idc' bun but its about balance... Look the best you can do

Ps. Wearinf designer clothing has nothing to do with looking good, esp with girls. I've never looked at a girl different cause shr has a 500pound tshirt, just look good

Yeah I agree. Some things just have to be done, clean hair and clothes etc.
I mean I think that proper designer clothes can make some sort of difference but I meant like river island clothes compared to primark for example
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I agree. Some things just have to be done, clean hair and clothes etc.
I mean I think that proper designer clothes can make some sort of difference but I meant like river island clothes compared to primark for example

Dont overthink the brand stuff, it really doesn't matter to guys and we don't notice. Maybe only boys who think they're very high class and are upstuck will care
Just be chill, Christ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending