Is this fraud, can they put me in jail?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I can develop websites and mobile apps.

However some mobile apps are difficult to develop so I may outsource it.

I met a client where I said I develop mobile apps and websites so he wants me to develop an app.

If an outsource this app which the client does "hang on, I thought you said you can develop apps".

As I said, some apps are too complex to develop.

Can he take me to court for fraud?
Anonymous #1
If I outsource the development?
SkyRunner61
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I can develop websites and mobile apps.

However some mobile apps are difficult to develop so I may outsource it.

I met a client where I said I develop mobile apps and websites so he wants me to develop an app.

If an outsource this app which the client does "hang on, I thought you said you can develop apps".

As I said, some apps are too complex to develop.

Can he take me to court for fraud?
If you’ve taken the code and used it without permission, yes you could be taken to court for fraud
Anonymous #1
What I mean is I can develop apps.

However some apps are too complex to develop so I may outsource it and someone else's develops for me.

I'll have there permission.
The Weeknd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You made a false representation that you can develop complex apps by agreeing to develop the app for them.

It's like if someone asked me to make them a very difficult app and I said yes.... I would be giving off the falae idea that I can develop the difficult app as a developer.
The Weeknd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Still, did you intend to make him think you can develop the difficult app when you really could not?
Fresher18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

However some apps are too complex to develop so I may outsource it and someone else's develops for me.

I don’t think this is fraud as many companies outsource/ subcontract parts of jobs they can’t undertake themselves, it’s your profits that will take the hit as you have to pay the new developers fees so unless you include the outsourced companies fees in your quote and make the adjustments then you make less.
Fresher18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But you should have said no to taking the app originally rather than accepting and outsourcing.
SkyRunner61
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

If you have their permission then there should be no legal issue no. Nevertheless, he might think that you’ve misrepresented your capabilities
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (171)
44.19%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.27%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.45%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.68%

Watched Threads