The Student Room Group

Can you help people applying to your uni?

Hello all :hello:

TSR is looking for current and recent students to assist with helping answer questions to current applicants this year, and prospective applicants for 2019 entry too!:woo: It really means a lot to students applying as it can be a stressful/worrying time and people really appreciate and benefit from hearing the experiences of others who have already been through the process :smile:

Please have a look at this thread, and see whether your university, or university course is on the list. If it isn't feel free to make a thread in the relevant university forum or relevant university course forum and Tag me.

If you are already itching to help, you can always use the unanswered threads to assist people who haven't had a reply yet. If you're on desktop browser you should be able to see a link to the list of unanswered threads in the "useful resources" tab, on the right hand side of the screen once you're in the sub forum you want to help out in. Let us know if there are any problems accessing those. :redface:

Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to be helpful.:smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17

TSR is looking for current and recent students to assist with helping answer questions to current applicants this year, and prospective applicants for 2019 entry too!:woo: It really means a lot to students applying as it can be a stressful/worrying time and people really appreciate and benefit from hearing the experiences of others who have already been through the process :smile:

We thought it would be great if as many threads could be created as possible for people to "Ask a Current Student" for lots of universities and university subjects. TSR has forums for LOADS of Universities and University subjects, so we need your help.:yes:

If you'd like to be tagged as a current student to help answer questions, let us know. Either reply in this thread with the subject, or university (or both) you're studying in, or send it in PM to myself or @Puddles the Monkey Feel free to ask any questions too, I've bound to have not explained things.:colondollar:

If you are already itching to help, you can always use the unanswered threads to assist people who haven't had a reply yet. If you're on desktop browser you should be able to see a link to the list of unanswered threads in the "useful resources" tab, on the right hand side of the screen once you're in the sub forum you want to help out in. Let us know if there are any problems accessing those. :redface:

Hey, I'd love to be tagged as a current student! I really enjoy helping others to return the favour as I was in their position once!

I'm studying Law at Newcastle University and I've just completed my first year :smile:
Reply 2
Portsmouth university, Illustration
Reply 3
Aston University, Psychology.
Modern Languages and Translation (French + Spanish) at Cardiff uni :h:
I can help with two unis come September.

Just done first year Bournemouth accounting and finance

Will be doing first year Economics at swansea
I'd be very happy to if it'd be in any way helpful! I'm studying Modern and Medieval Languages at Selwyn College, Cambridge.
Hey :smile:

I'd love to be able to help people. I have just graduated with a degree in Psychology from Lancaster, however I'm continuing there to do my PhD so I can answer questions both about undergraduate and the postgraduate application process!
Early Childhood Studies at Suffolk
I’ve just finished my first year at Bournemouth doing computing so I can help.
I'm not a current student anymore, but would be more than happy to answer questions on Liverpool Hope, Psychology if needed.
Original post by 04MR17

We thought it would be great if as many threads could be created as possible for people to "Ask a Current Student" for lots of universities and university subjects. TSR has forums for LOADS of Universities and University subjects, so we need your help.:yes:

If you'd like to be tagged as a current student to help answer questions, let us know. Either reply in this thread with the subject, or university (or both) you're studying in, or send it in PM to myself or @Puddles the Monkey Feel free to ask any questions too, I've bound to have not explained things.:colondollar:

Hi there!

I’d love to help! I have just graduated from De Montfort University having studied Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science and also completed a placement year so can help people with worries about placements as well!
Hey
I can do Chemistry and University of Leeds
Just completed my MChem and I'm starting my PhD in September!!
one of the best threads on TSR
The University of Warwick; Biomedical Sciences w/ Placement Year
Reply 15
I'm happy to help, I just finished Chemistry at University of Nottingham.
Will be starting optometry at the University of Manchester if i get in this year.
London South Bank studying Occupational therapy. Just finished my first year ☺️
I'd hope Oxford applicants would already know that they can come ask me things, but you can tag me in any University of Oxford threads as an alumna! Happy to help out with:

- Generic queries
- Woosta (Worcester) College queries
- Music queries
- People worried about mental health stuff

:smartass:
People are definitely free to ask me stuff about uni..

I can comment on Exeter (Maths and CompSci) and Swansea (CompSci).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest