The Student Room Group

pole fitness

I take pole fitness and though there is a stigma around it I enjoy it a lot and it's a hobby of mine. Should I mention it in my UCAS application, or just say I dance????
I think pole dancing is great for fitness!!!! But I would just say dance in case you get some stuck up person reading it 🤐
Original post by bubbleygum
I think pole dancing is great for fitness!!!! But I would just say dance in case you get some stuck up person reading it 🤐

Yeah, you're right :/ wish I could go on about it openly though, i enjoy it so much!
Reply 3
Or talk a little about how having to face negative attitude about a something has given you an insight into how others are treated (don't overstate it though). Change a negative into a positive. That can really help depending on the course and makes a personal statement far more interesting than just 'I love dance'.
Original post by kayla_jaedyn
I take pole fitness and though there is a stigma around it I enjoy it a lot and it's a hobby of mine. Should I mention it in my UCAS application, or just say I dance????

Are you applying to a course that involves a dance element?

If not, then you should only mention any hobbies etc briefly. Personally I don't think mentioning pole fitness would be a problem in most cases but if you feel more comfortable referring to it as dance then that's fine too.
Original post by kayla_jaedyn
Yeah, you're right :/ wish I could go on about it openly though, i enjoy it so much!

How will it relate to your degree choice? You should not be listing interests but linking them to the skills you have developed from doing them.
Doesn't matter what you mention, so long as you link them to your degree course.

It can have no direct link to your course either.
e.g. Let's say you were applying for Chemical engineering and you had been captain for a team for a season.

You could say: During x season for x league, I was the captain for my team. Being a captain for the team required discipline, good motivation towards my team members and leadership skills. These traits would make me a good applicant for the chemical engineering degree as this experience has given me an insight into working as a team etc...

get the drift?

It doesn't matter wtf it is, just link it well.
Here's how you should do it?

-What you did?
-What it taught you?
-What skills did you gain from it?
-How will those skills help you during and after your degree.

Follow the tips in this video religiously and you'll be fine:
[video="youtube;JWxFVtSUAsQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWxFVtSUAsQ[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest