The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Ask a current Liverpool student!

Hi there, everyone,

This is the place to ask any questions you may have about life at Liverpool, from the university to the city, to anything else you can think of (including the amazing froyo shop I definitely visit too often). So, fire away!

This AMA uses a tag system! You can either ask a general question or tag in one of our fantastic volunteers (listed below) if you are looking for something more specific.

@Sandtrooper - 2019 Graduate
@TheWannabeFarmer - Clinical year, Veterinary Medicine
@vetstudent123 - Current student, Veterinary Medicine

---
This AMA is part of the 'Ask a University Student 2.0' initiative. If you want to find out more about other courses or universities, please check out the main list of threads:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6431108
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
:cry: can't go anonymous :frown: such is life.

Tell me more about this froyo shop.

What accommodation did you join the first year?
Is it easy to make friends?

I'll think of more as they come.
Reply 3
I'm going into second year at Liverpool Uni- ask me anything!
I study Law but can answer general questions too!
Reply 4
Hey thanks for doing this!

What are the libraries like? Are they really spacious and nice to be in?

What is the social life like and is the student union good?

What are your classes like and do you enjoy Law?

Sorry for lobbing questions at you loool. x
Reply 5
Hey! No worries I'm happy to answer your questions!

1.) There are 2 libraries on campus both open 24hrs , the Harold Cohen which is for subjects such as the sciences, maths and engineering etc... and the Sydney Jones which contains books for the arts, humanities and similar subjects. As i'm doing law I have only really been in the Sydney Jones, but I enjoy being there, there is a large 24hr computer lab which lets you work from the uni computers. There is a cute cafe which serves Starbucks which is open from 8am-3pm and a small coffee machine and vending which are available 24hrs! It can be busy in exams but mainly it is spacious and pleasant with plenty of choices if you want different study areas. I have not been in the other library but i am told it is very similar.

2.) The social life is brilliant! The city is great for everything, shopping, clubbing, coffee etc! The uni itself hosts good events from the guild (student union) there are concerts, comedy shows, footie games streamed there and freshers events etc! I work at the union in the bar (the sphinx) so personally i have to say it's a great place to be! There are also loads of societies and sports teams to join so the social life is always great.

3.) I like law! It's difficult but as long as you keep on top of things and study its completely do-able. I only had around 7-8 lectures per week, and all are recorded online which is great if you're ill. They split the lectures into 200 per group so each lecture is repeated to fit in both groups, so if you miss one it's fine as you can attend the next.

Hope this helped x

Original post by Appazap
Hey thanks for doing this!

What are the libraries like? Are they really spacious and nice to be in?

What is the social life like and is the student union good?

What are your classes like and do you enjoy Law?

Sorry for lobbing questions at you loool. x
Reply 6
Original post by Cyrussi
Hey! No worries I'm happy to answer your questions!

1.) There are 2 libraries on campus both open 24hrs , the Harold Cohen which is for subjects such as the sciences, maths and engineering etc... and the Sydney Jones which contains books for the arts, humanities and similar subjects. As i'm doing law I have only really been in the Sydney Jones, but I enjoy being there, there is a large 24hr computer lab which lets you work from the uni computers. There is a cute cafe which serves Starbucks which is open from 8am-3pm and a small coffee machine and vending which are available 24hrs! It can be busy in exams but mainly it is spacious and pleasant with plenty of choices if you want different study areas. I have not been in the other library but i am told it is very similar.

2.) The social life is brilliant! The city is great for everything, shopping, clubbing, coffee etc! The uni itself hosts good events from the guild (student union) there are concerts, comedy shows, footie games streamed there and freshers events etc! I work at the union in the bar (the sphinx) so personally i have to say it's a great place to be! There are also loads of societies and sports teams to join so the social life is always great.

3.) I like law! It's difficult but as long as you keep on top of things and study its completely do-able. I only had around 7-8 lectures per week, and all are recorded online which is great if you're ill. They split the lectures into 200 per group so each lecture is repeated to fit in both groups, so if you miss one it's fine as you can attend the next.

Hope this helped x

Thanks for this, it was really helpful!!
Reply 7
Original post by Edminzodo
Hi there,

I am a current undergraduate at the University of Liverpool.

This is the place to ask any questions you may have about life at Liverpool, from the university to the city, to anything else you can think of (including the amazing froyo shop I definitely visit too often)!

Fire away!

How is the Bsc. Computer Science?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cyrussi
I'm going into second year at Liverpool Uni- ask me anything!
I study Law but can answer general questions too!

Hi there,

I am Edminzodo, resident Stormtrooper of TSR, and current undergraduate at the University of Liverpool.

This is the place to ask any questions you may have about life at Liverpool, from the university to the city, to anything else you can think of (including the amazing froyo shop I definitely visit too often)!

Fire away!

Just wondering what its like for student parking? If anyone knows, i’ve decided to live at home about 25 minutes away so will be driving each day
Original post by Aprilknowles
Just wondering what its like for student parking? If anyone knows, i’ve decided to live at home about 25 minutes away so will be driving each day

You can park on campus but you'll have to get in early and it's pretty expensive.
Original post by Bulletzone
:cry: can't go anonymous :frown: such is life.

Tell me more about this froyo shop.

What accommodation did you join the first year?
Is it easy to make friends?

I'll think of more as they come.

Sorry for never replying to this! The froyo shop is on the edge of the South Campus, for arts and humanities, and is so cheap and has about a bajillion flavours. It also has waffles, crepes, and Nutella hot chocolate for £1 . . Nom nom nom . . .
Does anyone do undergrad criminology at Liverpool? Was thinking of applying but was wondering what the course is like
Reply 12
Hi there,

I am Edminzodo, resident Stormtrooper of TSR, and current undergraduate at the University of Liverpool.

Fire away!

Hiii! I want to apply for Liverpool for Dentistry but my Ukcat score is not so good. It is quite low actually( 2150 total, 538 average and band 4 StJudgement). I read Liverpool’s entry requirements for Ukcat and they say “it’s unlikely to accept applicants with band 4 at StJudgement”. What does it mean that it is unlikely? There is no chance for me? Should I not put Liverpool as a choice at all?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 13
hi can i have your fb im from italy i want to ask you some questions
Original post by Rena12
Hiii! I want to apply for Liverpool for Dentistry but my Ukcat score is not so good. It is quite low actually( 2150 total, 538 average and band 4 StJudgement). I read Liverpool’s entry requirements for Ukcat and they say “it’s unlikely to accept applicants with band 4 at StJudgement”. What does it mean that it is unlikely? There is no chance for me? Should I not put Liverpool as a choice at all?

Thanks in advance!

I know it isn't exactly the same but Medicine at Liverpool doesn't accept anyone for band 4 I believe :frown:
How is it for economics?
Original post by Deah Khinda
How is it for economics?

Hi!

I'm doing a Business degree and am In second year! I've done two economics modules thus far and both economics lecturers have been the best out of all the other module lecturers. They go thru theories and concepts very well and clearly and are always very helpful! I'd say economics within the University is fantastic!
Original post by NKSSSSS09
Hi!

I'm doing a Business degree and am In second year! I've done two economics modules thus far and both economics lecturers have been the best out of all the other module lecturers. They go thru theories and concepts very well and clearly and are always very helpful! I'd say economics within the University is fantastic!

Thanks!

I'm applying for Business economics with a year in industry.
Are you taking a placement year? If so do you know if the uni has links with good employers?

Also do you know if the uni is lenient when it comes to your A-Level grades of do they normally stick to the entry requirements of the course?

I haven't yet visited the uni but if i get an offer ill come to an open day, I know the uni is quite big but are many places located near like shopping, clubs etc or is it all quite spread out?

Sorry for all the questions!!
Any undergrad med students here ?? If so what’s it like and how do you find it ?!
Original post by Deah Khinda
Thanks!

I'm applying for Business economics with a year in industry.
Are you taking a placement year? If so do you know if the uni has links with good employers?

Also do you know if the uni is lenient when it comes to your A-Level grades of do they normally stick to the entry requirements of the course?

I haven't yet visited the uni but if i get an offer ill come to an open day, I know the uni is quite big but are many places located near like shopping, clubs etc or is it all quite spread out?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Hey,

No worries! I was originally doing a placement year but I have decided to do a year abroad instead! The university does have very strong links with a lot of employers, such as PwC and Ernst Young. The university regularly puts on 'ULMS Extra' Sessions on every week too where they focus on bringing external employers from outside to talk to students about what the company is about etc... The uni is also very good for helping and assisting with gaining a placement. I get regular emails with help and information about sessions on how to get a placement and who are hiring etc, the staff are very helpful with that here.

A levels wise, yeah liverpool are lenient, if you get ABC lowest BBC I think you'd still be in a chance in getting in.

Liverpool is a small city, everything is clustered together. If you stay on camps, the accommodation is about a 10/15 min walk from the clubs, shopping.. basically 10/15 mins walk from the heart of the city.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest