The Student Room Group

Premier League Predictions

Right, let's see what everyone's predictions for top six and bottom three next season are. I'll start:

1) Man City
2) Liverpool
3) Man United
4) Tottenham
5) Arsenal
6) Chelsea
-----

18) Southampton
19) Wolves
20) Cardiff

I support Newcastle and I'm hoping for another top ten finish if we start to invest more.

What do you think? Will the promoted teams go straight back down? Who do you support and where do you think your team will finish?
Reply 1
1) City
2) Liverpool
3) Arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) United
6) Spurs

18) Fulham
19) Southampton
20) Cardiff
Reply 2
1) United
2) City
3) Liverpool
4) Chelsea
5) Spurs
6) Arsenal

18) Huddersfield
19) Brighton
20) Watford
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by chigyy
1) City
2) Liverpool
3) Arsenal
4) Chelsea
5) United
6) Spurs

18) Fulham
19) Southampton
20) Cardiff

Interesting to see how Chelsea and Arsenal will perform, very hard to call at the moment. I'd like to see Fulham stay up, they seem to play OK stuff and have invested well so far
Original post by xylas
1) United
2) City
3) Liverpool
4) Chelsea
5) Spurs
6) Arsenal

18) Huddersfield
19) Brighton
20) Watford

I was actually torn between City and Liverpool, can see Liverpool mounting a series challenge this season - they've strengthened very well. You can never rule out United though!

I thought Huddersfield and Brighton as well, could very much be a case of second season syndrome.
Reply 5
Original post by Vic Vinegar
I was actually torn between City and Liverpool, can see Liverpool mounting a series challenge this season - they've strengthened very well. You can never rule out United though!

I thought Huddersfield and Brighton as well, could very much be a case of second season syndrome.

Exactly my thoughts. Cardiff and Fulham I think will put on a decent performance after promotion.

I support liverpool btw, but the squad is still in flux and hasn't got the strength and stability united has imo. Also I have a feeling the manchester clubs will have a huge rivalry at the top which will be hard for Liverpool to get between I think.
6) Chelsea

Scoff.
Original post by Evil Homer
Scoff.

Depends on whether or not Hazard, Willian and Courtois all leave tbh
Reply 8
Interesting to see how Chelsea and Arsenal will perform, very hard to call at the moment. I'd like to see Fulham stay up, they seem to play OK stuff and have invested well so far

I feel like Chelsea and Arsenal, especially Arsenal, have made good acquisitions and will play well enough to get into the top 4. I honestly feel like United will miss out and of course it's Mourinho's third season lol.

I was torn between Huddersfield and Fulham and that could go either way I think, but with the experience I feel like Huddersfield will stay up. Surprised you picked Wolves to go down, they've made great signings and steam rolled the Championship last season.
Original post by xylas
Exactly my thoughts. Cardiff and Fulham I think will put on a decent performance after promotion.

I support liverpool btw, but the squad is still in flux and hasn't got the strength and stability united has imo. Also I have a feeling the manchester clubs will have a huge rivalry at the top which will be hard for Liverpool to get between I think.

Yeah, Warnock is streetwise and Fulham definitely have the talent to stay up as well.

That's very true, I think Liverpool can beat anyone on their day with their best team but yeah they lack depth. Man United do have such a strong core so they'll definitely be hard to beat, even if they aren't very enjoyable to watch.
1) Liverpool
2) Man City
3) Man Utd
4) Chelsea
5) Spurs
6) Leicester
7) Arsenal
8) Everton
9) Newcastle
10) West Ham
11) Bournemouth
12) Southampton
13) Wolves
14) Crystal Palace
15) Brighton
16) Watford
17) Burnley
18) Fulham
19) Huddersfield
20) Cardiff

Can see arsenal slipping away, post Arsene hangover. Burnley massively overachieved last season even against performances and should slide back down. Reckon a decent keeper should get Liverpool over the line.
Original post by chigyy
I feel like Chelsea and Arsenal, especially Arsenal, have made good acquisitions and will play well enough to get into the top 4. I honestly feel like United will miss out and of course it's Mourinho's third season lol.

I was torn between Huddersfield and Fulham and that could go either way I think, but with the experience I feel like Huddersfield will stay up. Surprised you picked Wolves to go down, they've made great signings and steam rolled the Championship last season.

True! It's so hard to call as there are so many factors in play. I did think Huddersfield could struggle, but yeah that's true about Wolves, I was struggling a bit haha - they could do well though! We should have a better idea of how all the teams are coping after a few games
1. Man. City
2. Liverpool
3. Man United
4. Chelsea
5. Leicester
6.Arsenal

18. Watford
19. Huddersfield
20. Fulham
Reply 13
The most difficult one for me to predict is Arsenal and as much as I hate to say it (as I'm a Chelsea fan) they made some good signing.
When they signed Torreria, man was vexed because he's a bargain for what they paid for however its arsenal so maybe they still bottle it. :biggrin:

I'll go

1) Liverpool
2) Man City
3) Chelsea (If hazard, willian, kante and courtois stay)
4) Man utd
5) Arsenal
6) Spurs
1) Liverpool
2) Man City
3) Man United
4) Spurs

I'll just stick with the top 4 but I'm not sure between Chelsea and Arsenal because Arsenal have made some improvements to their squad compared to how they were beforehand and I think Chelsea can get top 4 but if they can keep their best players. Liverpool top because I'm a fan 😂 but other than that Klopp has issued his main problem within the squad which has held us back from being contenders and that's the GK. Not sure for the second half of the league.
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. United
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea (assuming Hazard and Courtois are going)

18. Huddersfield
19. Brighton
20. Cardiff

Quick Reply