Don't want to go to my insurance choice

Watch
Finn_Peo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If I don't get my grades to get into my firm choice, do I have to go to my insurance or can I try and get into another Uni through clearing even if I get the grades for my insurance?
galpal57
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You don’t have to go to your insurance choice, even though it would be quite a faf to cancel and move around. You can essentially “decline” and then just go through clearing as you normally would
Finn_Peo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okay, is it worth contacting the insurance choice now before results day?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Finn_Peo)
If I don't get my grades to get into my firm choice, do I have to go to my insurance or can I try and get into another Uni through clearing even if I get the grades for my insurance?
Hi there!

As its mentioned above you don't have to go to your insurance you could decline and find a different course through clearing or another option is to defer entry for a year until you figure things out.

There is also no rule that says you have to go straight into university and there is no age limit if you wanted to explore your options and get work experience before applying again, it's important to remember that university is a big commitment and you are only eligible for student finance for your first degree so it is important to feel confident that you have made an informed decision about your future.

Whatever you decide the Exam Results Helpline and the National Careers Service can offer impartial information and advice which is tailored to how you feel and circumstances. You can contact the National Careers Service advisers 8am to 10pm every day on 0800 100 900 or you can email, text or webchat from this website:
https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ontact-us/home

You can contact the Exam Results Helpline for a dedicated exam results adviser on the same number from 8am on the 16th August (A-Level Results Day).

I hope this helps!
Rosy
Mahel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi there!

As its mentioned above you don't have to go to your insurance you could decline and find a different course through clearing or another option is to defer entry for a year until you figure things out.

There is also no rule that says you have to go straight into university and there is no age limit if you wanted to explore your options and get work experience before applying again, it's important to remember that university is a big commitment and you are only eligible for student finance for your first degree so it is important to feel confident that you have made an informed decision about your future.

Whatever you decide the Exam Results Helpline and the National Careers Service can offer impartial information and advice which is tailored to how you feel and circumstances. You can contact the National Careers Service advisers 8am to 10pm every day on 0800 100 900 or you can email, text or webchat from this website:
https://nationalcareersservice.direc...ontact-us/home

You can contact the Exam Results Helpline for a dedicated exam results adviser on the same number from 8am on the 23rd August (A-Level Results Day).

I hope this helps!
Rosy
ummmm results day is on the 16th
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Finn_Peo)
Okay, is it worth contacting the insurance choice now before results day?
Yes

Unfortunately you have missed the deadline for them to make changes in Track before results day but some universities are willing to put a note on your file to fast track placing you into clearing on results day. Other universities (most I’m afraid) will insist on you ringing them back on results day to request a release into clearing. It takes on average 24-48 hours to be placed into clearing on results day so be prepared for a lot of phone calls.
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mahel)
ummmm results day is on the 16th
Hi, sorry about that, my mistake! Thanks for noticing, the helpline is available from the 16th and I promise the advisers will be more switched on than me!

Hope I haven't caused any confusion!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (137)
14.42%
I'm not sure (42)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (286)
30.11%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.53%
I'm not a current university student (461)
48.53%

Watched Threads