The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University

For those of you at Newcatle uni;
I'm looking at Newcastle for politics and was wondering what your thoughts were generally? Do you like the area, the social life, the student societies etc.
Thank you
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by kbegley
I'm looking at Newcastle for politics and was wondering what your thoughts were generally? Do you like the area, the social life, the student societies etc.
Thank you

Hey kbegley,

Our student-lead blog may be a good place to start for an insight into student life in the city: https://microsites.ncl.ac.uk/oncoursetoncl/meet-our-students/

And of course if you have any specific queries that I may be able to help with, please don't hesitate to ask 😊

Hope this helps,

Susie
Original post by kbegley
Thank you

Hi!

I have lived in Newcastle all my life and have visited other cities for university/work/etc and I can hand on my heart say Newcastle is one of the friendliest cities you will come across! Full of culture and vibrancy, there's a reason Newcastle has the reputation for being a party city. Newcastle also has a lot of history and quieter area's such as Jesmond Dene (you can't believe your just 5 mins outside the city centre - woodland paradise!). We have 2 large universities in our city centre, Newcastle and Northumbria so there is no shortage of student activities.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a message!

Christy
Reply 4
Original post by TheShieldNewcastle
Hi!

I have lived in Newcastle all my life and have visited other cities for university/work/etc and I can hand on my heart say Newcastle is one of the friendliest cities you will come across! Full of culture and vibrancy, there's a reason Newcastle has the reputation for being a party city. Newcastle also has a lot of history and quieter area's such as Jesmond Dene (you can't believe your just 5 mins outside the city centre - woodland paradise!). We have 2 large universities in our city centre, Newcastle and Northumbria so there is no shortage of student activities.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a message!

Christy

Thank you so must Christy that's really helpful
Original post by kbegley
Thank you so must Christy that's really helpful

No worries! I hope your enjoy your time at university no matter where you choose to go!

Christy
Original post by kbegley
Thank you

The area is very good and there's plenty to do. People use their time for social life differently, but overall Newcastle offers many opportunities; I personally don't like nightclub style events but there's plenty of societies and other things to do. The societies I have been to are all very good, run by passionate people, which makes them great. The student support in general is helpful too. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending