The Student Room Group

summer revision for yr 11

what revision would you suggest i do over the summer to give me a head start for my GCSE year , my subjects are art, PE , geography and re and all other compulsory subjects, i am getting different responses some say enjoy summer but then others argue that you should spend it revising. another issue is that i tend to stress out how would you recommend i help this?
Reply 1
I would recommend to do both. Spend sometime relaxing and sometime revising. Having just completed my exams I would recommend doing this but do not revise too much and make yourself stressed out.
Reply 2
Revise little and often also helps even 30 mins a day can help then take a break and relax.
Revise and relax. Dont burn out revising though that wouldn't benefit you in the long run. Maybe catch up on your fitness and go for a jog everyday.xxx
Reply 4
Original post by FloralPrints
Revise and relax. Dont burn out revising though that wouldn't benefit you in the long run. Maybe catch up on your fitness and go for a jog everyday.xxx

Thansk so much I will do this x
Reply 5
Original post by Dotstar
I would recommend to do both. Spend sometime relaxing and sometime revising. Having just completed my exams I would recommend doing this but do not revise too much and make yourself stressed out.

Very good advise thank you, how did ur exams go ?
Original post by FloralPrints

Yayyyyyyy!
Reply 7
Original post by mfishba
what revision would you suggest i do over the summer to give me a head start for my GCSE year , my subjects are art, PE , geography and re and all other compulsory subjects, i am getting different responses some say enjoy summer but then others argue that you should spend it revising. another issue is that i tend to stress out how would you recommend i help this?

It's important to get some rest but you can work as well. Just revise little and often and work on securing knowledge and gaps in your subjects. Need any help you're welcome to tag me and I'll try to help. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
It's important to get some rest but you can work as well. Just revise little and often and work on securing knowledge and gaps in your subjects. Need any help you're welcome to tag me and I'll try to help. :smile:

thanks so much i will thank you ! :smile:
Reply 9
The summer before y11 I just made sure my re, geography and a few science topic flashcards were up to date because I knew when we went back to school we were going to have November mocks so I wanted majority of my flashcards to be ready, but good luck! And I know this sounds weird but I am such a stress head especially at the start of y11 but honestly the stress will leave you once you start exam season
Reply 10
Original post by esha.i
The summer before y11 I just made sure my re, geography and a few science topic flashcards were up to date because I knew when we went back to school we were going to have November mocks so I wanted majority of my flashcards to be ready, but good luck! And I know this sounds weird but I am such a stress head especially at the start of y11 but honestly the stress will leave you once you start exam season

thanks i hope i dont stress much hahah :smile:
Make sure there are no topics from year 10 that you still don't fully understand. In year 11 you often build on the year 10 work, and so will find yourself struggling a lot if you don't understand the year 10 work. And similarly, see if you can get ahead with things like reading your literature texts, as that will set you up well for next year...

Beyond that, I'd do maybe a couple of hours a week (better spreading this out, but if you can only do it in one chuck as too hard to fit it in otherwise, that'll also do!). Can be good to do it on a revision platform that tracks what you've covered / where you need to do some work, so that you ensure to cover everything briefly (eg Seneca Learning). Or make yourself a timetable to achieve the same thing of having touched on most topics by the end of the summer (and tackle the harder ones earlier, so that you don't run out of time for them)
Reply 12
Original post by sallyS22
Make sure there are no topics from year 10 that you still don't fully understand. In year 11 you often build on the year 10 work, and so will find yourself struggling a lot if you don't understand the year 10 work. And similarly, see if you can get ahead with things like reading your literature texts, as that will set you up well for next year...

Beyond that, I'd do maybe a couple of hours a week (better spreading this out, but if you can only do it in one chuck as too hard to fit it in otherwise, that'll also do!). Can be good to do it on a revision platform that tracks what you've covered / where you need to do some work, so that you ensure to cover everything briefly (eg Seneca Learning). Or make yourself a timetable to achieve the same thing of having touched on most topics by the end of the summer (and tackle the harder ones earlier, so that you don't run out of time for them)

Thanks so so much I am doing all that now haha :smile: <3
Reply 13
Original post by mfishba
Very good advise thank you, how did ur exams go ?

Quite well, I think anyway I get my results next month. Good luck and if you need any help just ask I dod geography and art. Thank you for asking.
Reply 14
Original post by mfishba

I'm in the same situation as you (in as I'm in yr 10 going into yr 11). I think I'm going to make sure that all my notes are written and make resources for all the things that we have learnt this year is flash cards, mind maps etc. Then also read around what I'll be studying next year so that it shouldn't be a complete shock to me. If I get time I might make my science notes for yr 11 as I have the cgp revision guides as well as stuff online (but tbh, I probably won't).
Mostly, I'm just gonna enjoy my free time!
I think the best thing to go with is when you're having fun, don't even think about work and only focus on having fun but then also set aside some time for only work, if you see what I mean!
Anyway, as I said, I'm in the same situ as you so probably not the best to give advice or anything!!
Anyway, whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your summer!
x
Reply 15
Original post by Tj8
I'm in the same situation as you (in as I'm in yr 10 going into yr 11). I think I'm going to make sure that all my notes are written and make resources for all the things that we have learnt this year is flash cards, mind maps etc. Then also read around what I'll be studying next year so that it shouldn't be a complete shock to me. If I get time I might make my science notes for yr 11 as I have the cgp revision guides as well as stuff online (but tbh, I probably won't).
Mostly, I'm just gonna enjoy my free time!
I think the best thing to go with is when you're having fun, don't even think about work and only focus on having fun but then also set aside some time for only work, if you see what I mean!
Anyway, as I said, I'm in the same situ as you so probably not the best to give advice or anything!!
Anyway, whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your summer!
x

Thansk so so much Yh I will do what you say and see, thanks so much let’s let each other know how it goes haha have a great summer x
Reply 16
Original post by sallyS22

Thansk you so much I will take your advise, have a great summer
Reply 17
Original post by mfishba
Thansk so so much Yh I will do what you say and see, thanks so much let’s let each other know how it goes haha have a great summer x

No problem 😊. Definitely!
xx

Quick Reply

Latest