The Student Room Group

Model breastfeeds on stage

A Sports Illustrated model breastfed her baby while she was walking down the catwalk. The 30-year-old made the spontaneous decision to walk down the runway in a bikini whilst her daughter Aria was breastfeeding in her arms, in an effort to overcome pre-show anxiety.

You can read the full story here

What do you make of this? Do you think this well help de-stigmatize public breastfeeding?

Scroll to see replies

The grossest thing about breastfeeding is the babies themselves, little red aliens
As with all perfectly natural bodily functions, from eating to masturbating, there's a time and a place. Not everyone wants to see someone whip their tit out and lactate in the workplace or in a restaurant. Manners and common decency should still apply to mothers. Sorry.
Reply 3
i understand there's a good argument to destigmatize public breastfeeding, but when you use it as a publicity stunt to sell men's magazines where your audience clearly cannot relate i mean c'mon... i question the intent.
Original post by Dandaman1
As with all perfectly natural bodily functions, from eating to masturbating, there's a time and a place. Not everyone wants to see someone whip their tit out and lactate in the workplace or in a restaurant. Manners and common decency should still apply to mothers. Sorry.

Very well said
Another stupid woke publicity stunt.

Nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public - I know very few people who think there is - but doing it while at work and supposed to be doing something else is something that could only be celebrated by total morons.
Reply 6
I have not seen the image nor will i click on it, but these days, some women seem to exploit the fact the way to fame is just revealing their bodies and trying stunts. These are the women our daughters look up to.
This has nothing to do with "ordinary" women. Ordinary women do not habitually take their babies to work.

This is just another example of clueless privileged people telling other people how much better their lives would be if everyone listened to them.
Thank goodness she isn't a professional footballer or a pole vaulter.
So when people will start ****, piss, masturbate in front of other people? I mean it's also pretty natural...
It sounds like something similar already happened in history....
Original post by CoolCavy
The grossest thing about breastfeeding is the babies themselves, little red aliens

wtf lol
Original post by Trinculo
This has nothing to do with "ordinary" women. Ordinary women do not habitually take their babies to work.

We are literally carry mammels. We evolved to do things with a baby attached to us. The fact "ordinary" women cannot take thier baby to work is a problem. It is not a good thing and breast feading is really important for the babies health. More women should be awkward and breast feed in what would be seen as inappropriate places. And men should support them whenever they do so.

Original post by Chucke1992
So when people will start ****, piss, masturbate in front of other people?

That fact you think breast feading is at all similair to masturbating says more about you. If you can;t be around a woman breast feading that is your problem not thiers.

Not everyone wants to see someone whip their tit out and lactate in the workplace or in a restaurant. Manners and common decency should still apply to mothers. Sorry.

The health of the baby and wellbeing of the mother is more important than whether some poeple are offended by it. Mothers not breast feeding is a big probem that. It is really bad for the baby. It is bad for the baby to be seperated from the mother. Are you saying motehrs should remain shut inside whilst they are breast feeding? Sociatal attitudes need to change.

Sorry.

The fact so many poeple think it is indecent in the way it would be to take a **** in public is so weird. Are you scared you will get an erection if you see a tit or something? Why does the sight of a breast feeding mother bother you so much that you equate it with public masturbation? Do you think a woman's breasts are only thier for male pleasure and as such should be confined to the bedroom? It should be a totally normal action and the fact that it isn't shows how deeply alienated we are.

Original post by Tawheed
I have not seen the image nor will i click on it, but these days, some women seem to exploit the fact the way to fame is just revealing their bodies and trying stunts. These are the women our daughters look up to.

Our daughters should not be taught that it is shameful to breastfeed in public or at work. If our daughters are looking up to women like her then it is incredibly important that these role models show breast feeding as a good and positive thing, not to be hidden away.
(edited 5 years ago)

Not everyone wants to see a fattie either. Who are you to decide what "manners and common decency" are regarding breastfeeding?

Why are you so upset about a baby drinking milk?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
wtf lol

Hm? I don't find breastfeeding gross, after all I have my own breasts stuck to me and they are just milk dispensers. I just don't like babies, give me a doggy any day :moon:
Original post by CoolCavy
Hm? I don't find breastfeeding gross, after all I have my own breasts stuck to me and they are just milk dispensers. I just don't like babies, give me a doggy any day :moon:

It was just the description of them as little red aliens :rofl:
Nobody is saying that women shouldn’t breastfeed. They are perhaps saying they shouldn’t do it in the work place, if nothing more than because women shouldn’t routinely be bringing their children with them into the workplace
Our breasts are meant to be used for breastfeeding. Don’t like it? Not our problem. It’s such a natural and normal thing, I don’t know what’s so article worthy about this.
Original post by Rainfall
Our breasts are meant to be used for breastfeeding. Don’t like it? Not our problem. It’s such a natural and normal thing, I don’t know what’s so article worthy about this.

As someone has said, there’s a time and a place.
Reply 18

I'm sorry but this is dreadfully sexist. Indeed it is positively selfish as well. Women should be encouraged to share their norks with the world! Good god man its a public service!
Original post by Napp
I'm sorry but this is dreadfully sexist. Indeed it is positively selfish as well. Women should be encouraged to share their norks with the world! Good god man its a public service!

What's sexist about that? Everything is an ist nowadays lol. Smh

Quick Reply

Latest