What’s so bad about Theresa May? Watch

username4150124
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I don’t follow Brexit and all the plans and deals because it’s one big mess and a headache. But the attitude towards Theresa May is actually ridiculous. I live in London which I’d say is very liberal place but they all seem to hate her but what has she done? She hasn’t said anything racist or hateful or etc so from I can gather people only dislike her because they’re not of the same party. What did she do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
She stabbed voters in the back.
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
she illegally bombed syria with out permission of parliament, sucked up to the right wing press like the daily mail and lied about leveson inquiry part 2
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They'll promise certain things to get into power, then fail to follow up on those promises while they're in power because that power is all they wanted. Every politician is the same.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Rbaby)
but what has she done?
Nothing.

That's the problem. She has displayed weak leadership and zero vision to the point that the government is in paralysis as Conservatives fight battles among themselves over Brexit.
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Rbaby)
I don’t follow Brexit and all the plans and deals because it’s one big mess and a headache. But the attitude towards Theresa May is actually ridiculous. I live in London which I’d say is very liberal place but they all seem to hate her but what has she done? She hasn’t said anything racist or hateful or etc so from I can gather people only dislike her because they’re not of the same party. What did she do?
Surely what is more important is what she does as oppose to what she says ?

I'd be more happy with a bigotted leader who gets useful things done for the country(despite having unsavoury views) as oppose to a SJW who might love everyone and always have nice things to say, but not get anything done.

In Thersa May's case, as someone above me said, she's done sh*t all really
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
She is literally delaying Brexit as long as possible by trying to propose deals where we still will have to abide by EU regulations
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Incompetence. Sheer incompetence.
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
She is completely soaked in blood and lies?
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Rbaby)
(Original post by random_matt)
She stabbed voters in the back.
(Original post by StriderHort)
She is completely soaked in blood and lies?
she's a geography graduate. what would she know about leading a country? I was in Manchester for 10 days recently.

In Manchester I saw

• parking wardens who wore uniforms that looked like military uniforms with loads of medals on them just strolling around the parks instead of actually doing their job
  • cleaners who had a tong in one hand and a plastic bag in another but they would never pick up the rubbish from the ground because there's just too much of rubbish to clear away so everyday i would see the same road cleaners armed with a tong and a plastic bag and just walking up and down the street
  • enforcement officers (those that catch litterbugs) would always gather outside the kebab store and talk and talk and talk and talk among themselves without actually doing any enforcement work
  • a lot of people walking up and down the streets during non-rush hour so I wasn't sure where they were going to
  • loads of rubbish on the ground/roads and every 5 steps you took you would smell piss
  • many homeless people sleeping rough on the streets
  • many people begging for money and food
  • drug activity was rift on the streets
  • police and ambulance sirens blaring off every 20 mins

A good government should focus on taking care of its people and country first. But it can only do so if the Prime Minister is of a higher calibre. Imagine if UK had a PM like President Trump. UK would improve by leaps and bounds.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Audrey18)
You've copy/pasted that before.
nutz99
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Any leader has to keep the majority of the country happy. People are fickle when they think that promises are not being kept and will turn on any leader who does that.

I don't understand May's reasoning behind her Brexit strategy. She has been seen as weak and pandering to the EU commissioners. Sooner or later it's all going to come crumbling down for her and in reality that means losing the Tory leadership and losing the next election. Personally I would prefer a stronger Tory leader but at this point it would be too little too late. The Tories have already sealed their fate for the next election.
purgatory777
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Rbaby)
She was hired by the New World Order to sabotage Brexit.
Pantera Fan Club
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Because nobody's getting all their demands fulfilled. Appeasing the Brexiteers, the Remainer hold-outs, and everyone in between is an impossible job.
hailye2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I dislike how she chose a Muslim person for the position of Home Office minister. One of the main reasons I support the Tories is because I am Islamophobic.
Joleee
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
it's the nature of the position. the public blames the head when sh*t hits the fan. but what i don't get is it's not like May makes any decision alone. how many MPs are there in the conservative party, not to mention the opposition? i think the public forgets that the prime minister does not have the same authority as a president.
username4178876
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Audrey18)
she's a geography graduate. what would she know about leading a country? I was in Manchester for 10 days recently.

In Manchester I saw

• parking wardens who wore uniforms that looked like military uniforms with loads of medals on them just strolling around the parks instead of actually doing their job
  • cleaners who had a tong in one hand and a plastic bag in another but they would never pick up the rubbish from the ground because there's just too much of rubbish to clear away so everyday i would see the same road cleaners armed with a tong and a plastic bag and just walking up and down the street
  • enforcement officers (those that catch litterbugs) would always gather outside the kebab store and talk and talk and talk and talk among themselves without actually doing any enforcement work
  • a lot of people walking up and down the streets during non-rush hour so I wasn't sure where they were going to
  • loads of rubbish on the ground/roads and every 5 steps you took you would smell piss
  • many homeless people sleeping rough on the streets
  • many people begging for money and food
  • drug activity was rift on the streets
  • police and ambulance sirens blaring off every 20 mins

A good government should focus on taking care of its people and country first. But it can only do so if the Prime Minister is of a higher calibre. Imagine if UK had a PM like President Trump. UK would improve by leaps and bounds.
Why are you doing this seriously? No one is forcing you to come to the UK.
DarkMagic
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
She's been completely useless in brexit negotiations. She triggered Article 50 before she was ready and she goes back on any agreement a few days later.
She makes lots of U-turns on domestic policy and I don't think she's actually achieved anything worthwhile for the UK in her time in office.
She made a government with the biggest party of dinosaurs in the UK and used £1billion to do it.
Stormont hasn't sat in 18 months and she is doing nothing to restore it or cut MLA salaries to provide an incentive for them to go back to work.
Bombing of Syria without getting parliament's approval first.

Just a few things from the top of my head, I'm sure there's lots of other reasons though.
MissUnicorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
She hasn't got a backbone and isn't that good in answering to questions, hence why she said she wouldn't do TV debates in the 2017 general election
David Cameron and Tony Blair were good at answering questions and could easily twist the question
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4178876
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hailye2)
I dislike how she chose a Muslim person for the position of Home Office minister. One of the main reasons I support the Tories is because I am Islamophobic.
I like that honesty lol. People youd type would usually say "I'm not islamophobic but........."😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (58)
30.05%
No - I got the required grades (112)
58.03%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.92%

Watched Threads