The Student Room Group

Will Allah answer my duas over time?

Scroll to see replies

Salam brother/sister. I know it might seem tough but hold it out. You seem to have fallen into a trap that many people regardless of religious origin fall into where they believe just demanding things from their deity is enough to bring them closer to their goals. Appropriate action must also be applied. Just praying to get x/y/z is unlikely to ever happen, especially if impatient.

I know we live in the age of wannabe internet imams but keep praying with pure intentions but make sure you yourself are doing enough to pursue whatever you want. Don't just sit back and think dropping to your knees in supplication is enough
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Queen_Petal
Scientific study isnt always right (snip)
And why do they always want to scientifically study islam. ;-;

It is the single most reliable method we have for determining what is true. Do you not care?
Reply 42
Original post by fail12
I recently became impatient so I stopped making dua but if I started making dua again and I was patient will it be accepted over time? Will any of my duas ever be accepted?
Anyone who tells you that every single of your wishes will be accepted is doing you nothing more than an disservice.

Supplication can certainly increase the liklihood of said deity accepting your wish (since it shows sincerity and effort), but it will not soley decide whether it will be accepted or not. This would be God's decision.
Reply 43
Original post by RogerOxon
It is the single most reliable method we have for determining what is true.
I think scientific analyses is more useful to use when there's an trend or general correlation in said data which can be identified.

However, in this case, I don't really believe there is a consistent, identifiable trend since there's numerous factors involved (supplication of the person, their overall faith/closeness to God, whether said demand is useful for them or not, whether their demand is part of their trial etc etc)
Original post by Mil99
I think scientific analyses is more useful to use when there's an trend or general correlation in said data which can be identified.

However, in this case, I don't really believe there is a consistent, identifiable trend since there's numerous factors involved (supplication of the person, their overall faith/closeness to God, whether said demand is useful for them or not, whether their demand is part of their trial etc etc)

This is not the place for debate, not that there is any.
Its so annoying because due to illness I may never be able to study again and I am only 17. If I don't study I will become depressed. Studying is important to me.
Reply 46
This is not the place for debate, not that there is any.
I am glad that you (tacitly) accept that science cannot be used in this context to support whether supplication works.
Original post by Mil99
I am glad that you (tacitly) accept that science cannot be used in this context to support whether supplication works.

I see why you believe fairy tales.
Original post by fail12
Its so annoying because due to illness I may never be able to study again and I am only 17. If I don't study I will become depressed. Studying is important to me.

You need help and support with your illness, not false hope of a deity's intervention.

Are you getting all the help and support that you can?
God is metaphor for reality, you are woven into the fabric of reality, you are god, you make your duas and you answer them for yourself, you're not powerless or a victim to life, begin to learn why this might be true
Reply 50
I see why you believe fairy tales.
Debate specifically refers to the exchange of opposing arguments. Since I have put forward a argument and you said there is no debate, one can therefore presume that there are no opposing arguments and thus you agree with me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending