Wasting summer because of fake school friends?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So essentially apart from my one bestfriend who is the absolute best, I don’t really have anyone to hang out with. I was in a group of 6 not including me and my bestie and they’ve all turned to drugs which I find disgusting and a complete waste of time and so so dangerous etc. However, because they were quite manipulative and rude individuals apart from this group I didn’t really have any other close friends that I’d go out with. They’ve practically lightly bullied me for the last year and played with my emotions extremely, especially knocking my confidence which I’m only starting to build up now due to a new college and new job. What should I do? I’ve got my bestfriend, and one male friend who wants to meet up but we aren’t that close to? Should I just see how it goes anyway? And also my friend who I met at a work induction, she seems extremely nice however she’s working at another store. How should I go about things? I don’t want to meet up with them as I’ve mentioned because they have turned to smoking and drugs daily and I don’t want to be a part of that. What should I do?
SkyRunner61
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So essentially apart from my one bestfriend who is the absolute best, I don’t really have anyone to hang out with. I was in a group of 6 not including me and my bestie and they’ve all turned to drugs which I find disgusting and a complete waste of time and so so dangerous etc. However, because they were quite manipulative and rude individuals apart from this group I didn’t really have any other close friends that I’d go out with. They’ve practically lightly bullied me for the last year and played with my emotions extremely, especially knocking my confidence which I’m only starting to build up now due to a new college and new job. What should I do? I’ve got my bestfriend, and one male friend who wants to meet up but we aren’t that close to? Should I just see how it goes anyway? And also my friend who I met at a work induction, she seems extremely nice however she’s working at another store. How should I go about things? I don’t want to meet up with them as I’ve mentioned because they have turned to smoking and drugs daily and I don’t want to be a part of that. What should I do?
At the very least, you should probably tell your bestie that you don’t want to be around her when she’s smoking and doing drugs if she wants to meet up with you. I’ve done the same with some friends of mine in the past and it hasn’t been an issue
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SkyRunner61)
At the very least, you should probably tell your bestie that you don’t want to be around her when she’s smoking and doing drugs if she wants to meet up with you. I’ve done the same with some friends of mine in the past and it hasn’t been an issue
Nooo, me and my best friend are against it I forget to mention that, we both don’t go out with them however she has quite a few other friends
SkyRunner61
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nooo, me and my best friend are against it I forget to mention that, we both don’t go out with them however she has quite a few other friends
Oh right sorry I couldn’t tell from your post. In that case, don’t meet up with the other people??
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SkyRunner61)
Oh right sorry I couldn’t tell from your post. In that case, don’t meet up with the other people??
I don’t but it gets a bit repetitive just seeing one person, I get on really well with my bestfriend but it would be nice to have a variety aswell
SkyRunner61
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don’t but it gets a bit repetitive just seeing one person, I get on really well with my bestfriend but it would be nice to have a variety aswell
In that case, you can meet up with the male friend and the person you met at the work induction. Given how badly they've treated you and that you disagree with their substance use, you shouldn't go back to the previous group. If you're at a new college, then would you be able to make new friends there?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.85%
I don't have everything I need (293)
43.15%

Watched Threads