Ridinghigh95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know who has done an access course what happens with ucas track? Like I’ve already got my results for my access course so I know I’ve got more than what was required on my conditional offer. Do they still wait until normal results day in August to update ucas track ? I’m also waiting upon my GCSE maths which I had to retake . If that makes any difference.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ridinghigh95)
Does anyone know who has done an access course what happens with ucas track? Like I’ve already got my results for my access course so I know I’ve got more than what was required on my conditional offer. Do they still wait until normal results day in August to update ucas track ? I’m also waiting upon my GCSE maths which I had to retake . If that makes any difference.
If your offer includes the gcse result then your university will be waiting for you to send them that result before they can confirm your place.

Universities get access results in early August along with Scottish results. So if you weren’t waiting for a gcse result that’s when you would expect them to confirm your place.
alb6
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am in your same situation I finished my access course and I already have my GCSE and I have got more than what they required. But I am still waiting for the certificate from college. I called them and even they don't know exactly when we will receive the final certificate. I don't know what to do
Ridinghigh95
Rep:
?
(Original post by alb6)
I am in your same situation I finished my access course and I already have my GCSE and I have got more than what they required. But I am still waiting for the certificate from college. I called them and even they don't know exactly when we will receive the final certificate. I don't know what to do
Well I took another maths equivalency incase I fail my gcse which I got a grade 5, so I know I’ve got what’s needed but I’m guessing they wait until proper results day to upgrade ucas like everyone else’s. I also guess they will see what I got for that gcse too. Our college is holding a presentation evening to give us our certificates in September with a buffet etc. Is yours not doing that? Seems strange? Another person I know got their certificate but not results . Very weird!! All I have is a print out from AIM results with all my grades on etc
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Universities get access results in early August along with Scottish results. So if you weren’t waiting for a gcse result that’s when you would expect them to confirm your place.
alb6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I took another maths equivalency incase I fail my gcse which I got a grade 5, so I know I’ve got what’s needed but I’m guessing they wait until proper results day to upgrade ucas like everyone else’s. I also guess they will see what I got for that gcse too. Our college is holding a presentation evening to give us our certificates in September with a buffet etc. Is yours not doing that? Seems strange? Another person I know got their certificate but not results . Very weird!! All I have is a print out from AIM results with all my grades on etc
No they are doing nothing.. they said only that we will receive a letter and then we have to come to collect the certificate but till now nothing. But certificates in september is too late because I thinka that we have to send our results by the end of August.
Ridinghigh95
Rep:
?
(Original post by alb6)
No they are doing nothing.. they said only that we will receive a letter and then we have to come to collect the certificate but till now nothing. But certificates in september is too late because I thinka that we have to send our results by the end of August.
Ucas get access results tho so ur college should
Be sending them to ucas not you?
DCDCo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
On this:

I contacted my Uni as I heard through the grapevine that Uni's couldn't access the grades on UCAS. This may be something that is just a bit medieval as times have changed and the Access Course has become more common. That being said... they still advised me they wanted the actual certificates before they would confirm my place, and these were to be received through the admissions office. I'm going to try and contact them however when the results are put on UCAS to save myself the hassle of sending the originals through the post.

I would guess the best answer here is - contact Uni!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DCDCo)
On this:

I contacted my Uni as I heard through the grapevine that Uni's couldn't access the grades on UCAS. This may be something that is just a bit medieval as times have changed and the Access Course has become more common. That being said... they still advised me they wanted the actual certificates before they would confirm my place, and these were to be received through the admissions office. I'm going to try and contact them however when the results are put on UCAS to save myself the hassle of sending the originals through the post.

I would guess the best answer here is - contact Uni!
All Access Diploma's are now sent by the exam boards to UCAS https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...g-exam-results

A couple of years ago it was ropey but they've sorted out the process now - they come through to UCAS on 30 July https://www.ucas.com/file/148536/dow...token=jM3z2rYX and arrive at universities with the SQA Scottish results in early August.

Your Track should update on 7 August when Track is made live following the Scottish downtime period.
Ridinghigh95
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
All Access Diploma's are now sent by the exam boards to UCAS https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...g-exam-results

A couple of years ago it was ropey but they've sorted out the process now - they come through to UCAS on 30 July https://www.ucas.com/file/148536/dow...token=jM3z2rYX and arrive at universities with the SQA Scottish results in early August.

Your Track should update on 7 August when Track is made live following the Scottish downtime period.
Thank you. Yes it does say on ucas that they receive access results so I shouldn’t need to do anything
alb6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ooh ok.. thank you
Izzywu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)

Hey. When I click that link it says that I don't have permission to view it I'm interested it what I says though because UCAS didn't send my grades to my university.

I've achieved the grades that I needed and received the certificates on the 1st of August. Since my college were so insistent that UCAS would forward my grades to the universities I didn't bother to send them myself. Today the University contacted me asking me to provide evidence of the grades, so I did. They then sent another email saying that they will contact me in due course about starting. This was around 3pm today (before track was suspended). Is it likely that I will still receive an offer from the University on the 7th like everyone else?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Izzywu)
Hey. When I click that link it says that I don't have permission to view it I'm interested it what I says though because UCAS didn't send my grades to my university.

I've achieved the grades that I needed and received the certificates on the 1st of August. Since my college were so insistent that UCAS would forward my grades to the universities I didn't bother to send them myself. Today the University contacted me asking me to provide evidence of the grades, so I did. They then sent another email saying that they will contact me in due course about starting. This was around 3pm today (before track was suspended). Is it likely that I will still receive an offer from the University on the 7th like everyone else?
Track has been frozen since 1st August.

It's possible your university needed more detail about your exact results (UCAS only get/send the number of credits at D/M/P - so if they want to know specifics they come from you directly).

It's likely your Track will update tomorrow - it sounds like your university are on the ball. If it doesn't update then give them a quick call to find out when they expect it to be finalised.
Izzywu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Track has been frozen since 1st August.

It's possible your university needed more detail about your exact results (UCAS only get/send the number of credits at D/M/P - so if they want to know specifics they come from you directly).

It's likely your Track will update tomorrow - it sounds like your university are on the ball. If it doesn't update then give them a quick call to find out when they expect it to be finalised.
Oh ok. It is probably that because I needed grades in specific units. Thank you for your fast reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (499)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (619)
41.57%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.57%

Watched Threads