I fancy a girl at work, but recently she had some "Trouble" Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So I've had fancied this girl at work for some time. She was single when we first met a was about to get with another guy at work BUT this guy was kinda an ass, already had a GF and sent the girl I liked his nudes.

I recently feel like I should tell her I'm into her but it may be too soon after the other ********.

I've also never been really good at asking someone out and am a little bit of a weirdo and don't think people go for that.

I am also going to uni in sept and not sure if she would be ok with long distance. What do I do?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I've had fancied this girl at work for some time. She was single when we first met a was about to get with another guy at work BUT this guy was kinda an ass, already had a GF and sent the girl I liked his nudes.

I recently feel like I should tell her I'm into her but it may be too soon after the other ********.

I've also never been really good at asking someone out and am a little bit of a weirdo and don't think people go for that.

I am also going to uni in sept and not sure if she would be ok with long distance. What do I do?
How do you get on with her at the moment? Do you speak to her a lot?
Qup
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

You need to tell her that you like her before she begins falling in love with the idea of a perfect relationship with some other dude.

When you do ask her out, don't say it in a generic way, such as "um, do you want to go out with me". No... just no. Say it naturally, as if it is part of a normal conversation you are having instead of an interrogation. Say it in a manner like this "Yeah, let me ask you a quick, simple and easy to answer question, and you can only give a yes, no or maybe answer - if i was to ask you to become my girlfriend and go to [random location] with me at [random day], what would you say in response to that?"

Actually, before you do that, ask her about long distance; ask her what her opinion on long-distance relationships are. If she gives a satisfying answer, then proceed with the "do you want to date me" question. If not, don't.

If the girl rejects, then she's obviously not interested. Of course, try to make sure by asking something like "oh really, you sure, yeah?". ...If she is sure, then she is sure mate, just back off after that and look for someone else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (135)
18.12%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (76)
10.2%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (128)
17.18%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (106)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (74)
9.93%
How can I be the best version of myself? (226)
30.34%

Watched Threads