Turn on thread page Beta

How has your holiday been so far? watch

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're not bored but I would like to hear how other people are spending their time.

ReputationRep:
    Very boring and weird for me. In May Mom and I move to new country for her new job in New York City. I have no friends and mom works all the time. I have a Nanny who watch me and take me places. The city is fun and our place I live is nice but I am bored without my friends from home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carolina K.)
    I hope you're not bored but I would like to hear how other people are spending their time.
    It's been total ****. I hate being bored.

ReputationRep:
    Well banging ball, doing fitness exercises.... to practice for school tournament. Otherwise, doing chemistry and physics year 13 stuff so I can finish it before september and keep maths to work on for year 13. I like what I am doing tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roryroars)
    Very boring and weird for me. In May Mom and I move to new country for her new job in New York City. I have no friends and mom works all the time. I have a Nanny who watch me and take me places. The city is fun and our place I live is nice but I am bored without my friends from home.
    New country? Did you speak the same or a different language in your country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trust Orang)
    It's been total ****. I hate being bored.
    That's a shame. I had the same problems but then I started trying out different stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neluxsan)
    Well banging ball, doing fitness exercises.... to practice for school tournament. Otherwise, doing chemistry and physics year 13 stuff so I can finish it before september and keep maths to work on for year 13. I like what I am doing tbh.
    Yeah, that does sound good. It should make things a lot easier next year. I have been doing the same thing but for year 12.

ReputationRep:
    You know you're really getting away from work when you are up @ 2am answering a stranger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roryroars)
    Very boring and weird for me. In May Mom and I move to new country for her new job in New York City....
    New York!

You're in the city that never sleeps!

sing along...

ReputationRep:
    New country? Did you speak the same or a different language in your country?
    I am from Croatia so my primary language but a lot speak English. I do speak English but not the level to be in school with my age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    New York!

You're in the city that never sleeps!

sing along...
    Yes Manhattan. It is nice place yes. I just lose all my friend from home.

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame. I had the same problems but then I started trying out different stuff
    This is you; "ooh look how cool I am TrYIng OUt DIfFerenT STuFf".

Different stuff is boring too. I've been through so many bottles of cheap white wine that I could write an encyclopaedia (not on cheap white wine, on everything). All of the different bottles were boring. This comment is boring, reading is boring, sleeping is boring, depression is boring, being by myself all day is boring, being myself all day is boring. Do you know the only thing keeping me alive at this point? It's ****ing quality moisturisers. My skin is so happy and plumped up with healthy moisture that you would not ****ing believe it. Get back to me when your skin is as soft as a baby's bottom, and believe me, I've had enough experience with them to know if you're lying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trust Orang)
    This is you; "ooh look how cool I am TrYIng OUt DIfFerenT STuFf".

Different stuff is boring too. I've been through so many bottles of cheap white wine that I could write an encyclopaedia (not on cheap white wine, on everything). All of the different bottles were boring. This comment is boring, reading is boring, sleeping is boring, depression is boring, being by myself all day is boring, being myself all day is boring. Do you know the only thing keeping me alive at this point? It's ****ing quality moisturisers. My skin is so happy and plumped up with healthy moisture that you would not ****ing believe it. Get back to me when your skin is as soft as a baby's bottom, and believe me, I've had enough experience with them to know if you're lying.
    If you consider that trying out different stuff then, of course, you will be bored. I also don't really care about my skin, in the past I allowed it to get dry to the point that it started cracking and I started bleeding. slightly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that does sound good. It should make things a lot easier next year. I have been doing the same thing but for year 12.
    Thats awesome. But tbh this time last year, I hardly picked up a book. but I made it up during my free time during school hours and after school revision sessions. This year, I have to do it in summer, coz I made a lot of friends so I know I am going to f*ck about this year.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.