James Gunn has been fired from GotG 3. Thoughts? Watch

PhilanderingBum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I resent the influence the twitter outrage mob has on peoples lives. I think it's dangerous for people to hold the power to ruin the lives of others over old mistakes.

I'm not personally offended by the tweets either. Some of them made me laugh, most of them just made me think he's a bit of tw4t. Not worth losing your career over

HAVING SAID THAT, James Gunn is a smug, virtue-signalling hypocrite and I'm glad he lost the job. I appreciate the irony of the fact that his downfall was wrought by right-wing Star Wars fans whom he suggested were in need of therapy.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha!!!!

What do you think?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 10 months ago
Be careful about social media.
Expect it was politically motivated as he had criticised Trump.

Putting that aside then am more interested what it means for GOTG.

It was under his directorship it became the massive success it is. Its one of my favourite franchises.
Must be really sad to have your baby taken away from you. Not sure it will be the same again now.

Bautista has already stated his unhappiness and all it would take is for some of the cast to walk and you no longer have GOTG.
Cant excuse his comments, but for actual GOTG fans its a shame.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 10 months ago
it's not personal - it's business. guaranteed these multi-million dollar contracts includes clauses that say 'if you embarrass us, or if you tarnish the company's image we have the right to terminate you'.

basically i'm pro freedom of speech but i'm also pro freedom of contract. (that's why i get terrible anxiety when signing them.) also i've never heard of this guy, but clearly he was expendable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads