The Student Room Group

Forging teachers signature, bad idea?

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now, I'm trying to get my application in for hospital work experience but need one of my teachers signature to confirm I would be capable of getting into medicine.

However, it is the holidays so naturally all of my teachers are on holiday and their email, in turn, are inactive so I am unable to send them a message. I have also contacted my school about it, but they can only really give me the email addresses of them which I already have tried.

Should I just forge the signature or do you think they would check it, given the fact they have not asked what school I go to only the teacher's name, job title, and signature?

I know this is a pretty desperate plot, but its the only solution I can think of; I need to give in my application soon.
I would advise against this, as you never know - they might check the details later on and you could get found out. Can you explain that you can't get a signature from a teacher at the moment due to school holidays, or is there another responsible adult who could sign for you instead?
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
I would advise against this, as you never know - they might check the details later on and you could get found out. Can you explain that you can't get a signature from a teacher at the moment due to school holidays, or is there another responsible adult who could sign for you instead?

Well, I've just sent an email to the application team, so will just have to wait for a reply on that one.
The thing is, of course, it will have to be from someone who has met me on more than one occasion to confirm that I'm a good candidate for medicine; but I have no idea if anybody like that is even in school currently, so I'm probably going to take a drive down there and plead my case to get someone to sign it hopefully.
But if that doesn't work than I don't know.
Reply 3
Don't forge a signature, especially on official documents, as it may come back later on and harm your career.
Original post by Anonymous
Well, I've just sent an email to the application team, so will just have to wait for a reply on that one.
The thing is, of course, it will have to be from someone who has met me on more than one occasion to confirm that I'm a good candidate for medicine; but I have no idea if anybody like that is even in school currently, so I'm probably going to take a drive down there and plead my case to get someone to sign it hopefully.

why not ask your GP to vouch for you ?

:holmes:

There will most likely be someone from the senior leadership team of your school in or available to contact through the holidays. Ask to speak to the head teacher to explain what help you need. Forging a signature would be a very silly thing to do that could in the worst case result in serious repercussions.
Reply 6

Yes, it is a very bad idea indeed. Once you get found out, it can harm your medical career down the line. In healthcare professions and all professions I would say, you need to be honest, because it truly is the best policy, as one could lose their job and risk criminal records if found out.
Reply 7
Original post by the bear
why not ask your GP to vouch for you ?

:holmes:

Well, I changed GP's sometime last year and have only really been in there once; to take my sister to an appointment, so they really don't know me that well, also it has to be someone from school. But thanks for the suggestion.
Reply 8
Thanks so much for all the replies, what you guys are saying makes sense, my mum basically said the same thing, so I will not forge the signature - I promise - instead I'll just head down to school on Monday and tell them about my situation and hopefully find someone to help me out.
Reply 9
So I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now, I'm trying to get my application in for hospital work experience but need one of my teachers signature to confirm I would be capable of getting into medicine.

However, it is the holidays so naturally all of my teachers are on holiday and their email, in turn, are inactive so I am unable to send them a message. I have also contacted my school about it, but they can only really give me the email addresses of them which I already have tried.

Should I just forge the signature or do you think they would check it, given the fact they have not asked what school I go to only the teacher's name, job title, and signature?

I know this is a pretty desperate plot, but its the only solution I can think of; I need to give in my application soon.

Don't forge the signature - that's not a good idea. Just say to them that you can't get hold of a teacher's signature during the Summer break and ask them if someone else can sign on your behalf. Hope this helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest