The Student Room Group

Which of these two A levels......

would be great for a top job in accountancy?

A level economics.

or

A level business studies.

I have two versions of A levels which are both incomplete (Hence this thread).

Maths, further maths, accounting.

Maths further maths, sociology. (Although I don't really want to pursue sociology but I am quite interested in psychology, any help with this dilemma is appreicated).
Original post by AspiringAccount

A level economics.

or

Maths further maths, sociology. (Although I don't really want to pursue sociology but I am quite interested in psychology, any help with this dilemma is appreicated).

Maths, Further Maths and another but NOT Business Studies. You don;t need A level Economics for an Economics degree. Don't take accounting it's not a rated A level
Original post by Muttley79
Maths, Further Maths and another but NOT Business Studies. You don;t need A level Economics for an Economics degree. Don't take accounting it's not a rated A level

well sh*t.
Original post by Muttley79

why isn't accounting rated?
Original post by AspiringAccount

A level economics.

or

Out of those, Maths, FMaths and Econ is the best option. But like the other poster said, you don't need Econ to apply for uni and so would be better off choosing a facilitating subject instead
Reply 5
Go ahead with econ
Reply 6
1 Econ is looked more respected by top unis as business is seen a a soft subject
2 you should probably only do further maths if it's you 4th subject but I've only been told that once so it might be bs, I'd suggest researching that

Quick Reply

Latest