The Student Room Group

Student finance won't pay my tution fees

YEAR 1 UNI at UNI 1-
brother passed away at the age of 27 and due to this i decided to relocate to a uni away from home to get my mind of constant family photos etc but i did pass the year.

UNI 2 -
passed year but decided to change uni's due to course upgrade

UNI 3-
Student finance declined to fund my tuition fee's. i applied for compelling personal reasons for year 1 due to my brothers death with proof and was accepted.

UNI 3-
student finance declining to fund my second year at uni at uni 3 even thou i passed. i do have compelling reasons for uni 2 too also (young age car accident death of family member) but i don't want to use it because the id have to ask for the death certificate from the father of the deceased teenager and I feel ashamed asking for it using that as an excuse even thou its genuine but there is a news paper article which proves it.

any advice ?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sws1
YEAR 1 UNI at UNI 1-
brother passed away at the age of 27 and due to this i decided to relocate to a uni away from home to get my mind of constant family photos etc but i did pass the year.

UNI 2 -
passed year but decided to change uni's due to course upgrade

UNI 3-
Student finance declined to fund my tuition fee's. i applied for compelling personal reasons for year 1 due to my brothers death with proof and was accepted.

UNI 3-
student finance declining to fund my second year at uni at uni 3 even thou i passed. i do have compelling reasons for uni 2 too also (young age car accident death of family member) but i don't want to use it because the id have to ask for the death certificate from the father of the deceased teenager and I feel ashamed asking for it using that as an excuse even thou its genuine but there is a news paper article which proves it.

any advice ?

Hi, thank you for your query.

Was 'Uni 2' aware of the situation? If so you can provide us with a University letter. We recommend the evidence is signed and dated, on letter headed paper. It will need to confirm the reason(s) why you could not continue with your studies, the impact it had on your studies and when this took place. You will also need to provide an accompanying covering letter explaining the situation in your own words. I understand it can be difficult obtaining the death certificate however if you explain your reasoning in your covering letter this will be passed to an assessor to review as all circumstances are assessed on a case by case basis.

Regards, Aisha.
Reply 2
Original post by Aisha SFE
Hi, thank you for your query.

Was 'Uni 2' aware of the situation? If so you can provide us with a University letter. We recommend the evidence is signed and dated, on letter headed paper. It will need to confirm the reason(s) why you could not continue with your studies, the impact it had on your studies and when this took place. You will also need to provide an accompanying covering letter explaining the situation in your own words. I understand it can be difficult obtaining the death certificate however if you explain your reasoning in your covering letter this will be passed to an assessor to review as all circumstances are assessed on a case by case basis.

Regards, Aisha.

hi aisha, so even though my compelling reason for uni 1 was accepted does that not therefore mean that my funding for uni 3 whole course is accepted?
so i have to find a compelling reason every year just so i can get my next year funded?
regards sws1
Original post by sws1
hi aisha, so even though my compelling reason for uni 1 was accepted does that not therefore mean that my funding for uni 3 whole course is accepted?
so i have to find a compelling reason every year just so i can get my next year funded?
regards sws1

Hi,

I would advise you private message us on either Facebook or Twitter where we'll be able to go through security with you and check your account.

It's difficult to advise without looking at your account.

Regards, Aisha.

Quick Reply