The Student Room Group

How to get rid of acne - Age 19 - Male

Hello, I am nineteen years old, (male), and have always suffered from acne, I've been trying to get rid of it and prevent it for years now and nothing has seemed to work. I'm hoping someone here can help me, as having acne makes me less confident as I hate going out with it. I've tried loads of products such as:

- Sudo cream
- Aloevera Gel
- Freederm
- And loads of different face washes

I put the creams on before I go to bed, and wash my face daily, once in the morning and once in the evening before bed. Any help would be appreciated, it would be life changing to get rid of my acne.
Have you tried the Dead Sea Spa magik range from Holland&Barratt ?

The spot on gel makes spots look smaller in minutes and helps all blemishes fade over two weeks.
The cleansing facial wash is very good, I use it twice a day- as soon as I get up and around 8pm.
The exfoliant is quite harsh, I only use it once every week.

Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I am nineteen years old, (male), and have always suffered from acne, I've been trying to get rid of it and prevent it for years now and nothing has seemed to work. I'm hoping someone here can help me, as having acne makes me less confident as I hate going out with it. I've tried loads of products such as:

- Sudo cream
- Aloevera Gel
- Freederm
- And loads of different face washes

I put the creams on before I go to bed, and wash my face daily, once in the morning and once in the evening before bed. Any help would be appreciated, it would be life changing to get rid of my acne.
Reply 2
I used to have quite good skin and have now noticed I've got a few spots. I recommend using:

tea tree oil

witch hazel

moisturize twice a day with aloe vera gel (cheap on amazon)

use oil-free skincare products (oil clogs pores causing spots)

use a face scrub 1-2 times a week in T-zone

use a face mask (yes, guys can use face masks, skincare's for everyone) 1-2 times a week. Depending on your skin type, is your skin normal, dry, oily or combination (mix of oily/dry/normal)? If it's oily use a mud or clay mask, if it's normal any mask is fine, if it's dry use moisturising gel masks. They're really cheap from Superdrug, £1 each https://www.superdrug.com/blog/tutorials/face-masks-every-skin-type

Keep track of what you eat. Oily/greasy foods like crisps can cause spots. Eat lots of fruit & veg

Try to exercise more

Drink lots of water (cliche but it helps) and green tea helps and reduce caffeine drinks

Have you tried contacting a dermatologist?
For get rid of acne acne treatment of dermalmd great if you have bad to severe acne. It looks greasy but once you apply it; it dries up after several minutes. It’s a small container but definitely looks like it will last a couple months. I would definitely recommend to anyone who struggles with acne.

Quick Reply

Latest