The Student Room Group

I honestly don't know what to do with my life...

All my life I was always good at maths while I always struggled with languages and coming up with stories.

So here is the thing, should I go with what I find easy yet boring because it will more likely provide me with a wider range of job prospects and an easier life or should I go with what I find hard yet intriguing?

I always really wanted to create my own story but all I would end up doing would be staring at a blank piece of paper for hours. However, lately, writing things became a lot easier for me. Perhaps it's because my understanding of myself as a person improved. Somehow it made writing about myself easier for me so I used that to determine that the reason I struggle with writing is that I need to get to know what and who I'm writing about better. I do think that if I did decide to actually start doing something with writing it would be a road full of struggles for me since I have a lot to learn. I always liked a challenge.

The question is, is it worth it? Is there perhaps a way I could balance it out without having to overwork myself?
Original post by Carolina K.

There's a lot more to life that just the choice between maths and writing stories. Think broader, explore more, try things out.
Original post by threeportdrift
There's a lot more to life that just the choice between maths and writing stories. Think broader, explore more, try things out.

Well, writing is what I want to do. I don't really have many interests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending