Turn on thread page Beta

Future of Britain: Around 10% of UK polulation will be Muslim soon watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently around 1-in-12 people at British schools identify as Muslim (note that this would exclude people who come from Muslim families but are culturally Muslim), and around 9% of births are of Muslims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mic-faith.html

http://www.theguardian.com/news/data...e-times-census

The Guardian wrote about the identification of Muslims too:

The question used in the 2011 census – what is your religion? -– was the the only voluntary question and 7% of people chose not answer it. The census figures show us that 34% of under-fives were recorded as having no religion – a higher percentage than in the general population. In fact, there were more children aged 0-4 recorded in the census data as "religion not stated" than those that were Muslim.
    Currently, British Asians don't top more that 7% in Britain, with Blacks accounting for 3%.

In the period 1998-2006, Hindus had a fertility rate of 1.5 (i.e. 1.5 children per family) and Muslims had a fertility rate of 3.0 (i.e. 3 children per family). Pakistanis had a TFR of 3 and Bangladeshis 3.5.

http://iussp2009.princeton.edu/papers/93139

I thought I would add my own ethnicity's statistics for the sake of this thread. Sri Lankan Tamils have fairly low birth rates (in-line with what's found in Sri Lanka where fertility rates are negative) too.

http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...and_Settlement
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    is there a point to this? Ethnic minorities seem to be an area of special interest for you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Who gives a sh*t though?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if you have a problem with this get up and go do something about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    is there a point to this? Ethnic minorities seem to be an area of special interest for you.
    Muslims are still treated as the underdog vis-a-vis Non-Muslim Indians but Muslims dominate every sector of life now.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by hailye2)
    Muslims are still treated as the underdog vis-a-vis Non-Muslim Indians but Muslims dominate every sector of life now.
    How do Muslims dominate every sector of life in the UK? Explain.

I would have thought non muslim indians are far more successful as a group and more accpeted.

Still not seeing what the issue for you is and why any of us should care that the Muslim population might reach 10%?

ReputationRep:
    I like kebab shops so...🤷
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How do Muslims dominate every sector of life in the UK? Explain.

I would have thought non muslim indians are far more successful as a group and more accpeted.

Still not seeing what the issue for you is and why any of us should care that the Muslim population might reach 10%?
    There are far more prominent Muslim politicians now that Non-Muslim Indian. The two most powerful minority politicians in recent times have been the Mayor and the Home Secretary.

Furthermore, most charitable organisations tend to cater towards a Muslim-centric culture. If you've ever tried to find support as a British Indian, you'll find that most charities are aimed at Muslims under the guise of saying they're "South Asian" or "British Asian" etc... and there's a serious problem of Muslims dominating South Asian racial groups too.

Ditto for the internet too. If you look at Reddit then you'll see that all the UK sub-reddits are dominated by Muslims vis-a-vis Non-Muslims.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    There are far more prominent Muslim politicians now that Non-Muslim Indian. The two most powerful minority politicians in recent times have been the Mayor and the Home Secretary.

Furthermore, most charitable organisations tend to cater towards a Muslim-centric culture. If you've ever tried to find support as a British Indian, you'll find that most charities are aimed at Muslims under the guise of saying they're "South Asian" or "British Asian" etc... and there's a serious problem of Muslims dominating South Asian racial groups too.

Ditto for the internet too. If you look at Reddit then you'll see that all the UK sub-reddits are dominated by Muslims vis-a-vis Non-Muslims.
    Are you indian?
    Why do you seem to think peoples ethnicity matters for politicians? i honestly couldnt care less whether they are Muslim, or Indian and am more intersted in their views. I regard them both as British.

If you are talking about charities, then logic dictates if there are more for Muslims its because there is more need.

Indians are one of the most successful and affluent groups in the UK, they have a much higher income, level of education and penetration into the professions.
    Why do you feel so threatened? Why should people care?

ReputationRep:
    Are you indian?
    Why do you seem to think peoples ethnicity matters for politicians? i honestly couldnt care less whether they are Muslim, or Indian and am more intersted in their views. I regard them both as British.

If you are talking about charities, then logic dictates if there are more for Muslims its because there is more need.

Indians are one of the most successful and affluent groups in the UK, they have a much higher income, level of education and penetration into the professions.
    Because there are still serious problems to deal with in India? Homophobia, misogyny, colourism... and not to mention that Indians are still poor on the worldwide scale.

Also, there are still many social issues that affect Indians. For example, there are many social problems that affect British people that will also affect British Indians.

ReputationRep:
    Also, racism vis-a-vis Muslim is also a serious problem, especially in the UK and wider Europe.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Because there are still serious problems to deal with in India? Homophobia, misogyny, colourism... and not to mention that Indians are still poor on the worldwide scale.

Also, there are still many social issues that affect Indians. For example, there are many social problems that affect British people that will also affect British Indians.
    You arent making any sense? Why would whether we have a Muslim Home secretary or Mayor of London matter? they are just politicians?
    How is it relevant to India? It isnt. they have their own politicians.

Your whole thread makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    You arent making any sense? Why would whether we have a Muslim Home secretary or Mayor of London matter? they are just politicians?
    How is it relevant to India? It isnt. they have their own politicians.

Your whole thread makes no sense.
    It's to do with the domination of Muslims over Non-Muslim Indians.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody cares you mug
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It's to do with the domination of Muslims over Non-Muslim Indians.
    You are well crazy. Why should people care?
    In the UK the Indian community is one of the most successful especially financially. Exactly how are they bing dominated?
    You dont hear the Chinese community crying about nonsense like this. They are too busy running businesses.

ReputationRep:
    Yh because at 10% they will dominate every sector

ReputationRep:
    1) No British person actually cares about this. They see us as brown Asians. They couldn’t care else about Muslim or non Muslim Indians.
    2) Why does it matter that the Muslim population will exceed non-Muslim Indians in the UK? At the end of the day we’re both non native groups in the UK. Why does it matter which one of these non native groups has more people or more power?

ReputationRep:
    Are you indian?

He’s not Indian. He’s of Sri Lankan descent
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by akbar0123)
    He’s not Indian. He’s of Sri Lankan descent
    Hmmm ok. I still dont think he has made any case as to why anyone in the UK should be concerned?
    I find their comments quite bizarre and I also dont give two figs what colour the lord mayor and Home Sec is.

I say it again it is bizarre that anyone gives a monkeys about this. They really do not.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Europe will most probably be an Islamic continent within two centuries, like it has been in the passed. Either get over it and move on with your life or pack your bags and move somewhere else, because European politicians aren't going to stop it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.