?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How can I get a grade 6 in English Language
username11235813
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Improve grammar and punctuation? Practise writing stories/poems/formal writing/anything. Practice writing in a diary and describing things? Learning grammar? Revising?
awanderingpixel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
First of all, identify what areas you might be weaker in (for example, I struggle with transactional writing). Then look up guides on how to improve (a simple Google search for guides will give you lots of tips and websites to help). If you don't really know where to start, look at previous essays you've written or work you've done - are there any comments your teachers made on how to improve, or did you get a lower mark in a particular area?

Then you just need to practise, practise, practise: try doing past paper questions, or you could ask your English teacher to give you questions and mark them (it's their job to help you get the highest mark possible). With enough practise and revision (and make sure it's a revision method that works for you, whether it be flash cards or group revision), you'll be getting a 6 or higher in no time.

Remember, don't be discouraged if you're not getting great marks now - you have plenty of time. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (291)
55.96%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.04%

Watched Threads