Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically I’ve been working in sainsburys for a week however the problem is I applied for general assistant which is meant to be responsible for the fresh food department. However, they changed my role to working in tills all day which is something i did not apply for I tried to talk to 1 of the managers at the very beginning n they said general assistant, cashier is the same thing. I recently found out someone who also applied for the same job as me is doing the role i was meant to be doing. Can i complain for them to change it to that

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rentorigin)
    So basically I’ve been working in sainsburys for a week however the problem is I applied for general assistant which is meant to be responsible for the fresh food department. However, they changed my role to working in tills all day which is something i did not apply for I tried to talk to 1 of the managers at the very beginning n they said general assistant, cashier is the same thing. I recently found out someone who also applied for the same job as me is doing the role i was meant to be doing. Can i complain for them to change it to that
    Have they given you a proper job description?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I work for Sainsbury’s that’s not try only customer service is on tills unless the store is packed and you have training you shouldn’t be on tills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiffanydellness2)
    I work for Sainsbury’s that’s not try only customer service is on tills unless the store is packed and you have training you shouldn’t be on tills
    Just as I thought

ReputationRep:
    Just as I thought
    I’m on tills but I work in the back because we are low staffed but you should be on food and learn how to do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiffanydellness2)
    I’m on tills but I work in the back because we are low staffed but you should be on food and learn how to do that
    So how should I approach them?

ReputationRep:
    So how should I approach them?
    Honestly I would say it not my job to be on tills I will go only if it fully needed, but I’ll ask my manager she will definitely be able to help you

ReputationRep:
    What does it say in your contract? Usually it has your role in your contract. They might have given you a different job than the one you applied for. If it says Customer Service Assistant in your contract then you'll mostly be on tills if it says General Assistant then you should mostly be stacking shelves and stuff.

I know exactly how you feel, I started a week ago and got put in a different job aswell!! What store do you work at? Or what city/town, we might even work at the same one haha

ReputationRep:
    So I had a good talk with my manager and she said that there’s no point of doing anything rn in September there’s a new contract where you can only do your job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-99)
    What does it say in your contract? Usually it has your role in your contract. They might have given you a different job than the one you applied for. If it says Customer Service Assistant in your contract then you'll mostly be on tills if it says General Assistant then you should mostly be stacking shelves and stuff.
    Loool my login don’t work anymore so i cant see my contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know exactly how you feel, I started a week ago and got put in a different job aswell!! What store do you work at? Or what city/town, we might even work at the same one haha
    In west london

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.