The Student Room Group

DBS check not completed by deadline??!

I need a DBS check to begin medical studies at my university. They've said I need to have a completed check by the end of August to be able to study at their uni.

Unfortunately my DBS application was severely delayed. I gave it in to the uni, who then sent it off to DBS back in May. Then DBS returned it back to the uni due to an error I made on the application (it was an unreasonable "error" imo but oh well). But instead of informing me, my uni just sent it back to DBS w/o telling me. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I ask them why my DBS hasn't been completed yet and only then do they tell me that there was an error and that DBS should have my application with them. DBS then tells me they don't have my application either, so somehow no one has my application now ???
Now I'm having to give in another application and essentially begin the whole process again like I did back in April/May. NOW I'm scared that my check won't be finished in time. I've been told enhanced DBS checks can take up to 4-8 weeks to be finished.

Sorry for the wall of text I'm panicking but if I don't have my DBS check completed by the deadline, is there any chance the uni would still take me (provided i meet the offer)?? My initial error basically led to all of this but I feel I couldn't control what happened afterwards and now I'm worried this'll affect everything
Original post by Anonymous
I need a DBS check to begin medical studies at my university. They've said I need to have a completed check by the end of August to be able to study at their uni.

Unfortunately my DBS application was severely delayed. I gave it in to the uni, who then sent it off to DBS back in May. Then DBS returned it back to the uni due to an error I made on the application (it was an unreasonable "error" imo but oh well). But instead of informing me, my uni just sent it back to DBS w/o telling me. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I ask them why my DBS hasn't been completed yet and only then do they tell me that there was an error and that DBS should have my application with them. DBS then tells me they don't have my application either, so somehow no one has my application now ???
Now I'm having to give in another application and essentially begin the whole process again like I did back in April/May. NOW I'm scared that my check won't be finished in time. I've been told enhanced DBS checks can take up to 4-8 weeks to be finished.

Sorry for the wall of text I'm panicking but if I don't have my DBS check completed by the deadline, is there any chance the uni would still take me (provided i meet the offer)?? My initial error basically led to all of this but I feel I couldn't control what happened afterwards and now I'm worried this'll affect everything

Generally as long as DBs is done before you have a placement it should be alright. Contact the university and explain your concern.

Quick Reply

Latest