Argie10
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any advice/information would be grearly apprecaited

I received this email on 13th July:

We are now in the last stage of the UCAS application cycle and the 12 July 2018 is the UCAS deadline by which all decisions from institutions must be made to UCAS.* If no decision has been sent to UCAS from the institution, UCAS will 'time-out' the application with a 'Reject by Default' (RBD) decision.

Your application is still pending a decision from the Admissions Tutor.* Please do not worry about the 'RBD' decision as we are still currently considering your application.* If we want to make an offer to you, the notification would be made to you through 'Clearing'.

I hope this does not cause you any concern, but if you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of Team C, Admissions Office.

Followed by this email yesterday:

Many thanks for your update Luke.

Please also check for updates on your UCAS application,* as that has been updated today.* It may take 24 hours to update completely as the system is extremely busy at this time.

I'm in the office on Monday, so please give me a call if necessary.

Best wishes

My question is can the uni (if they choose to) offer me a place through clearing without me applying or are they expecting me to apply through clearing so they can update my application?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Luke
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Argie10)
Any advice/information would be grearly apprecaited

I received this email on 13th July:

We are now in the last stage of the UCAS application cycle and the 12 July 2018 is the UCAS deadline by which all decisions from institutions must be made to UCAS.* If no decision has been sent to UCAS from the institution, UCAS will 'time-out' the application with a 'Reject by Default' (RBD) decision.

Your application is still pending a decision from the Admissions Tutor.* Please do not worry about the 'RBD' decision as we are still currently considering your application.* If we want to make an offer to you, the notification would be made to you through 'Clearing'.

I hope this does not cause you any concern, but if you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of Team C, Admissions Office.

Followed by this email yesterday:

Many thanks for your update Luke.

Please also check for updates on your UCAS application,* as that has been updated today.* It may take 24 hours to update completely as the system is extremely busy at this time.

I'm in the office on Monday, so please give me a call if necessary.

Best wishes

My question is can the uni (if they choose to) offer me a place through clearing without me applying or are they expecting me to apply through clearing so they can update my application?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Luke
Do you have a clearing number showing?
Argie10
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Do you have a clearing number showing?
hi, yes I do
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi, yes I do
They could pick you up in clearing if you give them a number.
Argie10
Rep:
?
They could pick you up in clearing if you give them a number.
so there's no chance there will be an update on my account if I haven't applied or if they haven't been given my number?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so there's no chance there will be an update on my account if I haven't applied or if they haven't been given my number?
I d call them Monday, they ve kept you waiting past the deadline so you should ask when they would make a decision. It could be they ll make a decision then tell you to add them as a clearing choice.
Argie10
Rep:
?
I d call them Monday, they ve kept you waiting past the deadline so you should ask when they would make a decision. It could be they ll make a decision then tell you to add them as a clearing choice.
will do, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.25%
No (77)
20.87%
Not sure (66)
17.89%

Watched Threads