victoire2004
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Can anyone tell me about the FCE exam? I have it this year and I don't know much about it.
awanderingpixel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This website gives some basic information about the FCE: http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-tests/first/ (at least, I believe that this is the right qualification - this is what came up in the search results).

It mentions that it is a B2* fluency level qualification made up of 4 papers and taking around 3.5 hours. The papers cover four aspects: Reading and Use of Language, Writing, Listening and Speaking - which is a face-to-face paper).
Ideally, in order to pass the exam you need a total score of 160 or more out of 190 to show B2 level fluency.

*B2 level of fluency in English means that you can speak English well enough to work and study in an English-speaking environment.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
victoire2004
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
!
(Original post by awanderingpixel)
This website gives some basic information about the FCE: http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-tests/first/ (at least, I believe that this is the right qualification - this is what came up in the search results).

It mentions that it is a B2* fluency level qualification made up of 4 papers and taking around 3.5 hours. The papers cover four aspects: Reading and Use of Language, Writing, Listening and Speaking - which is a face-to-face paper).
Ideally, in order to pass the exam you need a total score of 160 or more out of 190 to show B2 level fluency.

*B2 level of fluency in English means that you can speak English well enough to work and study in an English-speaking environment.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Thanks a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (192)
14.29%
I'm not sure (59)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.24%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.75%
I'm not a current university student (663)
49.33%

Watched Threads