The Student Room Group

Was i raped or am i over reacting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Anonymous
A normal guy would definitely not think it's a good idea to try and have sex with a girl who is crying or at all not sure about it. It sounds like he took advantage of your naivety. It is difficult because you agreed, but he definitely didn't treat you right and it was evident that you didn't want it, but if you did ever try to prosecute, it would be used against you as a form of consent. There is a kind of sexual abuse where you can agree to have sex but due to being manipulated, pressured or harassed into it.
In future, although it is sometimes difficult to, be prepared to stand your ground and say no and leave. Don't be afraid of hurting their feelings or looking like an uptight *****. If something feels wrong, it usually is. Because you are in a guy's room and he's kissed you and you think he likes you, it doesn't mean you have to sleep with them. In fact, you'll usually find guy's turn off you completely if you refuse to sleep with them so it weeds out the ones who aren't with you for good reason. It's unfortunately something I've had to learn the hard way, so I hope you can learn to love and respect yourself enough to be able to stick up for what you want and don't want.

when i say no he makes me promise to take it back and to do what he wants without complaint
Original post by verier
So this example proves that sometimes yes means no, why not vice versa?

I asked @ugaaa5 a similar question in post #30.

Never got a reply.
Original post by xylas
Wow ok. The OP herself even said it wasn't rape so what are you trying to achieve here? It doesn't sound like he was compassionate, I agree. It still wasn't rape. And yes, rape is much worse.

SJW Mega-Defender Badge?
We just had a case yesterday in the UK of 3 people going into a shopping park and pouring acid into a 3 year old's face, which police suspect was targeted.

Considering I have been on this thread and learnt some people think an adult can claim to have reliquished their responsibility because another adult might not like them or be upset with them if they don't do the latter adult's bidding (a mental state some have funnily labelled "coerced" ), maybe one of this acid-attackers can claim the same mental state.

Can one of the acid-attackers of this 3 year old reliquish his responsibiity for his action/accomplicement in the crime by saying the others "coerced him"?

"He only agreed to join in doing it because he felt his friends would be upset, might make fun of him, might stop talking to him or may even beat him up later if he doesn't; that deep down, he felt it was wrong and did not want to do it but since he is used to them bullying him mentally and bringing him down, he did it to please them. It is the others fault for coercing him to join in doing it, not his".

How many of the millenial SJWs would accept that excuse and transfer his personal responsibility for participating in the attack to his friends?

Note: This is not a referral to the OP as she has repeatedly made it clear she does not have this dangerous mentality.
(edited 5 years ago)
Sexual cohesion is what happened, sorry you had to go through that I hope you heal and find peace.
Reply 165
Original post by RoyalBeams
SJW Mega-Defender Badge?

seems like it
Original post by RoyalBeams
We just had a case yesterday in the UK of 3 people going into a shopping park and pouring acid into a 3 year old's face, which police suspect was targeted.

Considering I have been on this thread and learnt some people think an adult can claim to have reliquished their responsibility because another adult might not like them or be upset with them if they don't do the latter adult's bidding (a mental state some have funnily labelled "coerced" ), maybe one of this acid-attackers can claim the same mental state.

Can one of the acid-attackers of this 3 year old reliquish his responsibiity for his action/accomplicement in the crime by saying the others "coerced him"?

"He only agreed to join in doing it because he felt his friends would be upset, might make fun of him, might stop talking to him or may even beat him up later if he doesn't; that deep down, he felt it was wrong and did not want to do it but since he is used to them bullying him mentally and bringing him down, he did it to please them. It is the others fault for coercing him to join in doing it, not his".

How many of the millenial SJWs would accept that excuse and transfer his personal responsibility for participating in the attack to his friends?

Note: This is not a referral to the OP as she has repeatedly made it clear she does not have this dangerous mentality.

No response after 48 hours from the advocates of "it is coercive rape" and "it is rape because he should be able to know she has removed her consent from her behaviour"?

I thought not.

It is the challenges you face when the complete nonsense "realities" you create in your head and silly share is logically-tested.

Lesson learnt: All mentally-abled adults are fully responsible for their own actions and decisions and cannot transfer these responsibilities to another adult when their choices do not go the way they want or fulfill them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending