facebook messenger green dot?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so me and my bf had a massive argument because I said he's always on facebook live and he said he didn't and even took screenshots of the last people he spoke to , but I know u can delete things.

It always says he's on there for hours and a green dot all ears on the video call icon but when i ask he always denies and says he ain't video calling anyone or using the app , he says he rarely uses it.
jas149
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why do you have a problem with him being on Facebook live or video calling people? lol
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
It sounds like you don't trust him? I know there's a glitch with the dot where the person will appear online just after you send them a message if he's connected to the internet but the app isn't open or in use it may still show him as active. You can delete stuff, but it doesn't delete from both sides, the other person would still have a copy. I'd imagine even if he deleted messages, the place of the person wouldn't change (Most recent person he talked to appearing at the top). So I guess you could message him at XTIME, and then you'd know if he had talked to other people after that time because they'd appear above you on his messenger home page even if he had deleted the messages?

But you sound hella paranoid, If he's not cheating then whats the problem with him contacting other people?? Just be careful do you don't push him away by blowing up at him over a god damn app
username4077018
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so me and my bf had a massive argument because I said he's always on facebook live and he said he didn't and even took screenshots of the last people he spoke to , but I know u can delete things.

It always says he's on there for hours and a green dot all ears on the video call icon but when i ask he always denies and says he ain't video calling anyone or using the app , he says he rarely uses it.
My boyfriend always has a green dot even if he isn't using Facebook because he leaves it open and forgets to close it when he's not using it, so he's shown as online as long as his phone is on.

He's either lying to you or his phone just doesn't set him to offline all the time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (907)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (401)
18.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads