Predicted grades not up to entry requirements (Law)

Watch this thread
cherlyne
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am predicted AAAA at A-level. I planned to apply to Cambridge, King's, UCL, LSE and either Manchester or Bristol for LLB Law.

All of the unis require A*AA except for Manchester which requires AAA. I don't really have any other universities I fancy that have lower requirements but some suggestions would be great.

Should I drop the A*AA unis or should I just go with it? Will I have a chance to be offered a spot with AAAA?

It also scares me a little that I am only applying to one university in which I meet their requirements. I am afraid that I do not get an offer into any of the unis. Is it competitive to get a spot in the University of Manchester?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Firstly concentrate on 3 A levels to spend lore time to try and achieve A*AA. Secondly choose 2 A levels offering A*AA and then 2 or 3 with AAA or lower. The 2 at the higher grade can be your aspirational choices and the others for courses you are likely to get in.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
look into Birmingham, Exeter, Lancaster and Nottingham. All offer sourses at your predicted grades
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
go for manchester not bristol, bristol requires A*AA so all your options would be A*AA.

why do 4 subjects? ask your teachers if you were to drop so you do 3 subjects if youre predictions could go up to A*AA.

otherwise applying to even 2 unis with entry requirements higher than predictions is so so risky. especially 1 being cambridge, they have a screening process like a lot of unis where they put applicants with lower grades to the side.

youre basically applying to very top ranking unis for law.

i'd say apply to 2 or maybe(!) 3 unis requiring A*AA -
i'd say choose 1 from --
-cambridge or lse
-ucl vs kcl vs bristol

also theyre mostly (apart from manchester and cambridge) LNAT which again is v risky.
look at nottingham, birmingham, warwick, kent, exeter.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cherlyne)
I am predicted AAAA at A-level. I planned to apply to Cambridge, King's, UCL, LSE and either Manchester or Bristol for LLB Law.

All of the unis require A*AA except for Manchester which requires AAA. I don't really have any other universities I fancy that have lower requirements but some suggestions would be great.

Should I drop the A*AA unis or should I just go with it? Will I have a chance to be offered a spot with AAAA?

It also scares me a little that I am only applying to one university in which I meet their requirements. I am afraid that I do not get an offer into any of the unis. Is it competitive to get a spot in the University of Manchester?
One strategy would be to apply to, say, two A*AA universities initially and see what response you get before deciding what balance you need in the rest of your choices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.03%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.19%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads