Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyway i can know most of the roads in the area i drive. This town is 2 towns away from my town and i dont really go there often actually i've never been there but after starting my driving lessons i go there all the time. I want to be able to know most of the roads so then i can drive confidently . So is there anything i can do ? THANK YOU X
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Is there anyway i can know most of the roads in the area i drive. This town is 2 towns away from my town and i dont really go there often actually i've never been there but after starting my driving lessons i go there all the time. I want to be able to know most of the roads so then i can drive confidently . So is there anything i can do ? THANK YOU X
    You just have to keep driving on them whenever you can, eventually you'll know them like the back of your hand

ReputationRep:
    Can you get additional practice in a parent's car? They will need to insure it for you and come with you but that will help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Can you get additional practice in a parent's car? They will need to insure it for you and come with you but that will help
    Yh i guess i will do that Thank you Also do you know how far they can take you from the test centre ? Or is there no limit
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Moved to Learning to drive.

ReputationRep:
    Yh i guess i will do that Thank you Also do you know how far they can take you from the test centre ? Or is there no limit
    The driving instructor should be taking you on all the routes now, that they use in the test. If they aren’t then I’d be worried! They won’t just take u random places . U should be doing all the test routes already. Ask him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ridinghigh95)
    The driving instructor should be taking you on all the routes now, that they use in the test. If they aren’t then I’d be worried! They won’t just take u random places . U should be doing all the test routes already. Ask him
    Yh he does take me to all the places but just in case the examiner takes me into some random road that's difficult

ReputationRep:
    It won't be far and you should already be driving the roads they use. Your parent scan get temporary insurance such as ' that from Provisional marmalade' that doesn't affect their own policy.

ReputationRep:
    Yh he does take me to all the places but just in case the examiner takes me into some random road that's difficult
    Don’t worry. The instructor will only take you on the routes that you were shown. Road works may alter the route but you would be reminded beforehand.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.